Ice cream

Kristoff's POV:

"Tell me the truth." my brother says while he paces around my room "Did I screw up?"

"You did." I say as I scroll through my Instagram feed. Sven jumps around Eugene's feet thinking that this is a game.

"I mean, how dare she?" I scroll down and see a picture of Anna with a dog, she's making a weird face and I laugh "Are you even listening, Kriss?"

"No." I admit as I keep scrolling. Eugene walks over to me, grabs my phone and throws it out the window "Hey!" he smirks and answers

"It will survive, now listen." I lean towards the window, my phone looks fine. Slowly, I turn to him

"Shoot." He turns to me

"Kristoff, I know that I can never give her everything. At least not now, I realized that when she danced with me, I was ready to let go. Then she ruined it by kissing me. What should I do?"

"Don't give her everything." I say "She doesn't need everything, not now, she's still in High school, besides, Dude, you don't take a girl out on these super romantic dates of yours just to break up with her before theres anything there." He runs a hand through his hair and shakes his head.

"I don't want to break her."

"SHE'S NOT AS DELICATE AS YOU ACCUSE HER OF BEING!" Now I've lost my temper. Eugene always overthinks every little detail.

"Fine." he says and leaves my room. Outside, I hear his car start and drive away. Once he's gone I sprint down the stairs and run to where my phone is. No damage, good. So, I text the only person I want to see these days

Hey Anna, you free?

Yeah, where to?

How about the park?

On my way.

I go to my dresser and pull out my coat and my cap. I look at myself in the mirror and, well, its as good as it gets. Sven's jumping around my feet, so I put his leash on him then walk to the park. I look around as Sven trots happily next to me. "Kristof!" Anna runs over and smiles expectantly at me. "Awww, who is this cutie?" she asks as she pets Sven, I kneel down next to her

"Anna, this is Sven my dog, Sven this is Anna, my. . ." I falter for a second and then quickly say "Friend!" Anna giggles and Sven licks her cheek. Gee, I wish I were the one kissing her cheek and making her smile.

"Soo" I say

"Soo" she says. I look around and then see her eyes light up, she grabs my hand and pulls me to a two seat swing. She tells me about her sister Elsa and all the crazy stuff they do, I tell her about Eugene "Wait? Fitzherbert?"

"Yeah. . ."

"Oh." she looks at the ground "No offense, but your brother's an absolute jerk."

"I know. He isn't very good when it comes to girls he likes, neither of us is." I look into her eyes, but she doesn't get it. "Do you want ice cream? I want ice-cream."

So I walk with her to an ice-cream parlor. She walks in before me and stops dead in her tracks. I bump into her"Wow, Anna, what's the matter?"

"I want to leave." she answers, I look in the direction of the counter, there is a red headed guy, around our age who's scooping ice-cream into cones. I put my hands on either of her shoulders and look her in the eye "Ice-cream will make you feel better. Ill be right back." She starts to protest, but I walk to counter and say to the guy "Two mint chip cones please."

"Sure thin- " He looks over my shoulder and calls out "Anna, hey Anna! Come here, babe!"

"I don't know who you are," I say, blocking his view of Anna "but leave her alone."

"You her date?" he asks and I blush, I wish. "You aren't. Good. Word of caution, man, she's still pretty hooked on me."

"What?' I ask "She won't even look at you."

"Easy there!" he says handing me the ice creams "I don't understand women, but really, she and I were engaged." I know I shouldn't believe him, but it doesn't sound like he's lying. I hand him the money and walk to where Anna is, I give her the cone and she takes it. Then I do something I didn't know I had the courage to, I grab her hand and I lead her out the door.

Once we're outside she takes her hand out of mine and it feels really cold. "Thank you, Kristoff, I needed to cheer up."

"No problem. I needed to cheer up too." We're back at the park and we sit in the same swing to finish our cones as Sven lies on the ground, taking a little nap.

"How did you know mint chip is my favorite?"

"I didn't. Its my favorite." She giggles then stands up

"I should get going." I stand up too

"Ill walk you." She smiles and nods

"Id like that."

We walk and at the same time we talk bout all the things we like to do "Wait," I laugh "You like riding your bike inside your house?"

"Yeah!" she says, flashing that adorable smile of hers "It's really fun. You ought to have something weird that you like to do." I sigh

"Okay, I love carving ice statues." She nods

"Cool. Literally." I laugh as we round a corner

"This is me." She says, nodding towards a house "Thank you so much Kristoff, its so good to have a friend like you." She kisses my cheek and goes through the door,

"Yeah. I mumble to myself "Friends." I touch my cheek, it has a pink lipstick stain, I don't touch it as to not smudge it. Sven wags his tail

Friends

I sigh, "Come on Buddy, lets go. "