Chapter Three: Fight for Me

September 22, 2017

Dear Diary,

I have been seeing the mysterious new kid everywhere, and I can't get my mind off of him. He's so different than everyone else, with his dark clothes and bright eyes. He keeps trying to stop and talk to me, but Wes keeps shoving him away, and part of me wishes that Ricky would turn around and fight for me, but every time he has a chance, he just walks away. Maybe he isn't the knight in shining armor that saves me from this bullshit school...

Lexi wasn't really paying attention to her last class of the day, only because Ricky was on his mind. Wes tried to quietly keep her attention, but he was getting frustrated because he was failing at doing so. He knew who she was thinking about, and it made him jealous and mad that he wasn't getting her attention, though he was dating Alexa. Lexi rolled her eyes because she knew he had no right to be mad at Ricky. She just drew and wrote in her journal for the rest of the class. The bell finally rang and she was out of the class as soon as her legs could carry her.

She went straight to her locker in hopes that her new friend would be seeing her new friend waiting for her, but he wasn't there. She sighed, obviously upset as she grabbed the rest of her stuff to go. She went back to her favorite class, creative writing. She picked up a new journal, since she filled another one. She grabbed a blue one so she can officially be Lexi, even in her writing. She grabbed a few extra notebooks for good measures, and headed out the door. When she walked back into the hallway, the hall was crowded with people circling around something, hearing Wes and Damien yelling, then he heard Ricky, instantly squeezing to the front to see them fighting. As if the timing was right, Wes got a hit on him.

"You need to hit harder than that, Asshole," Scott spat. "I need to feel pain for you to actually win this, you pig."

"What the hell did you just call my best friend?" Damien snapped, punching Scott in the stomach.

"Now that was a lot better, guys," Scott smirked. "I know you guys paid me for this fight, but I can't pretend to lose if you can't even hurt me, so why not end this bullshit now?"

"What the hell are y..." is all Wes could get out before he was on the floor, Damien following soon after.

"Leave me the fuck alone or I will do a lot worse the next time," Scott threatened, looking straight at the disguised Italian. "M... Lexi is obviously neither of ours, and I don't do relationships, so don't attack me because I am closer to fucking her than you are. It makes you even more of an asshole. She's the only decent thing I've seen in this town, so don't fuck with her unless she actually wants you to."

"She ain't that cute anyways," Wes spat, him and his minion walking away.

"Are you okay?" Lexi asked as the rest of the students walked away.

"I am great!" Ricky shrugged. "They'd probably have to hit me with a hard object to inflict pain on me. I am mostly numb, physically and emotionally. Just please promise me you'll get away from those societal stereotypes and start actually being yourself. You honestly look ridiculous in a dress probably worth more than my house."

"I tried to get cheaper stuff, honestly," she admitted. "I can promise that I will at least try to break free from them, but at this point, it'll probably mean death."

"To you or them?" he raised an eyebrow. "I am hoping it's them, because you seem pretty cool."

"Well I don't have the balls for either," she sighed with a shrug, "so I guess I am stuck for a while. I'm happy you're okay."

"I appreciate it," he forced an awkward smile before walking away, leaving the Italian warm on the inside.

"Lexi!" Alexis called out, waving enthusiastically, Lexi walking over to her. "I am about to leave to get ready for the party. Alex and Alexa left without me again... I would love to not walk home alone this time, so you can maybe come to my house and get ready."

"You're so nice," Lexi smiled. "Why do you hang out with them when you're so sweet?"

"I was kind of like you," Alexis admitted. "My mom works for Alexa's dad's jewelry company, and he basically told my mom she'd lose her job if I wasn't Alexa's friend. So I gave in so my mom could keep her job. They even changed my name like they did you. My real name is Veronica."

"My mom wanted to name me that or Winona if I was a girl," Lexi returned, them both lighting. "I'd love to walk to your house with you."

"I have the perfect outfit for you when we get there," she squealed as they began to walk out. "I can even do your hair and makeup. I know you like pastels so I have the perfect wig for you."

"So you can make a me outfit while impressing Alex?" Mitch questioned skeptically.

"She doesn't care what you wear," she corrected, "as long as you wear no one else's color and you have one item on you that is more than five hundred on you. The crop top I am putting you in is 700 and there's no one else's colors."

"Don't you have to get ready for the party?" Lexi raised an eyebrow curiously.

"I will only be there a little bit before I go to a dinner with my father," she shook her head. "I really can't do much partying myself. That's why my parents divorced anyways. My mom just hit six months sober, so I can't go to my dad's home drunk or high. I can help you out, though, since you're new to this thing."

"If I break free from Alex and Alexis," Mitch sighed as they kept walking, "I promise I am bring you with me. Maybe if Alex wasn't here, things wouldn't be as bad."

"Maybe," she agreed, them arriving at her house, which was a lot smaller than expected. "Before you ask, this is my mom's house. Even though Alexa's dad is a billionaire, he doesn't pay much so this is all she can afford."

"There's nothing wrong with that," Lexi shook her head. "I may have a big house but it's lonely because why the fuck does three people need a mansion? I hate being in a rich family. They're never around enough to hear my problems."

"My mom and dad are the same way," Alexis agreed. "My mom can't afford to stop and listen, and my dad doesn't want me because he's convinced I will be like her. Well maybe if he'd talk to me, I wouldn't go in that direction. Maybe mom wouldn't have either of he wasn't making children with my mom's at the time boss. Maybe mom wouldn't have turned to drinking if he didn't sleep with Auntie Izabel. He just wanted a reason to divorce her, so he blamed it on the drinking he caused. She has a new lover, though, and she's really nice. It's the real reason my dad doesn't like me. He can't stand the fact mom is happy and that a woman is more my dad than he will ever be."

"I will have to meet your moms then," Lexi smiled. "They sound like great people."

"Thanks for being the first person to actually listen to me," Alexis thanked with a heartwarming smile.

"Listening is what I do, Sweetie," Lexi returned the smile.

"Let's go in and make you the prettiest girl at that party," Alexis finalized, the two of them going into the house.