Welcome To Dauntless

The cheers of the Dauntless fill up the space behind me. I turn to face my new faction, and they welcome me with eager, open arms. I glance to my parents, and see the looks of hurt and betrayal on their faces.
I tried to be their perfect daughter, but I was tired of it. I wanted to be free, live an adventure. The cheers settle down, and the rest of the choosing ceremony flies by. As soon as the last person, whom decided to switch from Amity to Candor (odd choice I know!), spilled their blood, the Dauntless were up and running for the door.
I am enveloped in a sea of black, carrying me away to the train. We enter the streets, and begin racing towards the train platform. Many of the Dauntless-born initiates are shoving each other and shouting, but the transfers are just trying to keep up.
The train is just arriving as I reach the platform, and that's when the Dauntless start running. I follow suit, and soon enough, the black mob is swinging themselves into compartments. I watch the first few, and follow the technique.
Grab the handle, and propel your body into the car. I manage to successfully land in a crouch in the car.
"Look at the Nose, thinkin' she's all that!" I hear a Dauntless shout to another one. I look, and see a shorter woman with a brunette bob watching me. Beside her is a taller man, whom has black hair and tanned skin. The man laughs.
I scoff, and head to the other side of the car. I lean against the wall, and watch out the opening, Erudite headquarters slowly disappearing from view.
"Hey, I'm Blake." The first girl from the choosing ceremony comes up to me. I smile and face her. She has shorter blonde hair pulled back into french braid, which is just barely reaching the middle of her neck, and sparkling emerald green eyes.
"Arielle." I reply, and extend my hand for her to shake.
"How long do you think we're on the train?" Blake asks as she stands beside me. Just as I am about to respond, a Dauntless-born shouts to the whole car.
"Time to jump!" The boy finishes, and he launches himself out of the car. I gasp, and look out the door. There is a gravel roof, with a six to eight foot space between us.
"Let's go, Blake!" I tell her, and we link hands before we launch ourselves after the Dauntless-born.
With a tuck and roll, we land safely. I look behind me, and instantly regret it as a giant body is propelled into me. The wind is knocked out of me, and breathing is impossible. I clutch my chest in a panic, trying anything to get the much-needed air into my lungs.
"You're okay, Arielle, just breathe. Just calm down." Blake says, and after a few seconds, I manage to suck in the long-awaited air into my lungs. I look to see two boys, both in Erudite blue, standing beside us, watching. One looks extremely remorseful, and the other looks like he's calming the guilty one down.
"I'm sorry, I never saw you." The guilty one says.
"I'm fine." I wheeze. Blake and I link arms, and gather with the rest of the crowd. I hear an authoritative voice speaking, so I look to the front. Woah.
I don't think I've ever seen a better looking man. Dark blonde hair combed back loosely, two stud piercings above his left eyebrow, grey-blue eyes, at least 6'3", broad and hefty, and can't be older than 18 or 19. Ugh, he's drool worthy. His stone-cold expression is a bit of a turn off, but I can't imagine how handsome he'd look with a smile.
"So whose up?" He says loudly, making everyone cower back. But I won't give this man the satisfaction of my fear. I step forwards confidently, making the Dauntless man stare at me.
"Let's go, Nose. We haven't got all day." He snaps. I roll my eyes, and step onto the ledge.
"I'm jumping I take it?" I say like a smart ass, attempting to get a rise out of the ruthless man. Everyone laughs, and all the man does is step towards me.
"You wanna repeat that?" He asks quietly, almost deathly.
"Nope." I chuckle, and just as he is about to strangle me, I pitch myself back.
This is going to be fun.

**Eric's POV**
That little shit. How dare she sass me?! I was going to tolerate her and her deviously good looks, but her and her mouth are going to get in trouble, and fast.
"You wanna repeat that?" I grind out through my teeth. She smiles at my reaction.
"Nope." She says, emphasizing the 'p' which doesn't do her any favours. I'm about to push her over, but she catapults herself backwards. She may be a pain in the ass, but she isn't stupid. I growl under my breath, and take my place beside the other two leaders that are up here with me, Lexus and Corey. They are snickering at the redhead that just jumped, and I roll my eyes.
"Let's go!" I snap at the kids watching me, waiting for me to loose it. The initiates form a line rather quickly, and one by one, cast themselves over the side.
"I don't think I've ever seen a girl get under your skin that easily, Eric." Lexus chuckles. She's pretty laid back, and she's been a leader for a couple years longer than I have. She taught me almost everything I know, including how to not take shit from people, and how to ignore them. She's definitely one of my closer friends.
"Loosen up, kid. Just make her initiation a living hell." Corey chuckles, and I shake my head, smirking. That might be the only way to get through to the redheaded witch.

**Arielle's POV**
After everyone has jumped, our initiation instructor, whom happens to be Tobias, dismisses the Dauntless-borns, and waits for them to leave before talking to us Transfers. I glance around, and there are fifteen of us; four Amity, eight Candor, and four Erudite. Unfortunately, I don't recognize the other Erudites.
"Welcome to Dauntless. I'm your instructor, and my name is Four." He introduces himself, and I hear a Candor snort. Idiots. "Something wrong with anything I just said?" Four snaps, and the Candors shut up. Haha. "Follow me, I'll take you on a tour." Four says finally, and we follow along.
I catch up to him, and give him a side hug.
"Hey Tob-" I begin, but Tobias presses a hand to my mouth.
"Hey Arielle, sorry, but people don't know me here, and I'd like to keep it that way." Tobias explains, and I nod. He came to Dauntless to escape his father's abuse. We were friends because our parents were leaders together. Everyone thought we were siblings because our eyes looked nearly identical, but then our skin tones and hair color are polar opposites.
"Sorry, how have you been? I couldn't wait to see you, I didn't think you would be an initiation instructor of all things." I laugh. Tobias rolls his eyes and smiles.
"You haven't changed a bit I see. I'm good. It's best this way. I have a new life, needless to say it's pretty awesome." Tobias says, and I smile. He deserves this.
We walk to the end of a corridor, to a ledge that displays an area full of people bustling about, dancing, drinking, and having fun.
"This is the Pit. Centre of life here at Dauntless. Shops, bars, tattoo parlours, you name it. We're known for our parties." Four chuckles, making me smile. We follow Four through a few more corridors before we're led into a room full of cots. In the back is a long row of showers, sinks, and toilets.
"This is your dorm. I'm sure you're going to like it Candor, everything out in the open." Four mutters, and I laugh, along with Blake.
This is my home.

Thank you for reading!! First story, so this might be a bumpy ride, but bear with me and this should be great! Would love feedback, happy reading!!