Bad News and More News

Week one, or Stage One, has finally wrapped up, which means the instructors have to begin teaching combat. I still have the pleasure of working with both groups, as Eric and I are still alternating between groups, so we both can rank the initiates when the time comes.

This morning though, I decided to take it off, because I can't stop puking. I didn't realize the stomach flu was going around, but here it is. Blake made Eric go to work, telling him that she would stay with me. I miss Blake, we haven't seen each other a whole lot, but now we're catching up. Blake and Cole got married a couple months ago, and a month after they wed, they announced Blake was five months pregnant, which makes her six months along now. I couldn't be more happy for her. I get to be a godmother in three months!

I am currently sitting on the couch with a hot water bottle on my stomach while Blake makes me soup.

"When did you last have your period?" She asks me out of the blue, but everything about her is out of the blue. Still, the question catches me off guard.

"Umm, I-I actually don't know. Four months, maybe five?" I say, and suddenly everything shifts, making me understand. I've been so busy with prepping initiation and learning my job that the thought hasn't even crossed my mind.  

"Oh my god, Blake! What if I'm pregnant?! Fuck, no, I can't be pregnant! We can't have a kid! No, no, no!" I panic, clutching my head in my hands. Blake rushes over to me, and she pulls my hands from my face. The tears are already falling.

"Shh, you're fine. You're on birth control, so it could be nothing, right? Calm down, let's get a test, and we'll see, okay?" Blake asks, and I nod. She leaves the apartment to get the test, and I run to our room, searching for the little pocket calendar I have to keep track of my periods. I open the wrong drawer though, in my haywire state and haste, and papers end up falling out all over the place.

"Shit." I mutter, and as I am gathering Eric's papers to put away, I see keywords that peak my interest. Divergent, eliminate, Abnegation takeover, Dauntless Army, and many more. Oh no.

I continue looking through the papers, and I see rough drafts of Erudite's plans to take over Abnegation, using Dauntless, and eliminating Divergent while they're at it. Me. I have to tell Tobias, quickly.

I shove the papers back in the drawer, and run out my apartment, forgetting all about my potential pregnancy. I check my watch, and determine they will almost be finished lunch. I run to the dining hall, and find Tobias sitting eating, alone. I sit across from him, and he looks puzzled, because I'm here and not puking, and because I'm winded.

"Come with me." I tell him, and we walk quickly out of the dining hall.

We walk to a secluded part of Dauntless, where Tobias insists there are no cameras. He looks to me, telling me to begin explaining, and I tell him everything I found, from the army to destroying Divergent's, which is me and Tobias.

"You're sure this is what you saw? I mean, you are sick." He asks, and I'm about to tell him about my possible pregnancy, but I bite my tongue. Now is not the time.

"Yes, Tobias, Erudite is going to destroy Abnegation, using a sim Dauntless army. And Divergent's are going to be wiped out as well. Tobias, what are we going to do?" I ask, completely panicked and worried for my life, Tobias', and even my potential baby's life.

"We'll figure it out. Just try looking into it. But don't ask Eric about it. You know he'll suspect something." Tobias says, and I nod.

"But how do I hide this from him, Tobias? I love him, and he knows me like the back of his hand. He'll know something's up." I tell him, worrying like a lunatic.

"Calm down Arielle, you'll be okay. Just keep your usual routine the same, don't add or stop doing something, that will look suspicious." Tobias explains.

"Okay. Just keep it the same." Sex, sex, and more sex. I don't think it's any simpler than that.

"Just keep me in the loop, let me know if you find anything, or if you need me at all. I have to get back to training, and you have to get back to bed." Tobias says, and I smile at him, heading back to my apartment.

I make it back, and Blake is panicking in the living room.

"Where the hell did you run off to?! Please don't tell me you went and told Eric and everyone in frickin' Dauntless, A, that's so not-"

"Blake, chill. I just had to talk to Tobias about something I remembered about initiate training. Do you have the test?" I ask, and she nods, handing the box to me.

I take the box to the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I am so nervous that it takes three tries to get my belt undone. Chill the hell out, Arielle!

I take the test, and lie it on the counter. Three minutes until the results are shown.

Three minutes until my whole view of life could very well change, permanently.

Three minutes until I know if I'm responsible for another human life, a life I have to keep alive through the storm that is rapidly approaching.

Three minutes until my life changes forever.

Blake comes in, and she sits beside me on the edge of the tub.

"Were you guys wanting a kid? Like planning for one?" I ask her, attempting to reassure myself, somewhat. She nods, eyeing the test on the counter.

"Yes, Cole wanted one more person to call his own." She laughs lightly. "At first I wasn't sure, but when I found out I was actually carrying a living baby, this motherly instinct came over me, and I couldn't help but want the baby too. I'm going to give this baby a good life, no matter what." She says, and I smile sadly at her. If only you knew what was coming, Blake.

"It's time." Blake whispers, and I shakily stand up, reaching for the test on the counter. I look down, and my hand flies to my mouth.

Two lines. Positive. I'm going to be a mom.

Holy cow, triple update and a bomb dropped on you guys! What do you think? Mama Arielle? Yes or no? 

And I'm thinking there will be only about 6 more chapters in book one, give or take a couple! This has been absolutely, positively crazy and wonderful, plus I'm so thankful that you guys are reading my story and have stuck with me! 

Happy reading lovelies!!