First Night Out

I just finished my last fight in stage two, signalling stage two is officially over. Everything since my incident at the Chasm, which was a week ago, has been awkward and crazy. I've been fighting harder to work back what I lost, and I've been avoiding Eric at all costs. He still hasn't confronted me about seeing him screwing another girl, or about the hit across the face, but it's going to happen, whether I like it or not.

As for my initiation alone, to say its gone well is an understatement. I have fought, shot, and thrown my way into second place. I lost one fight to a Candor brute, and I had that incident over the Chasm, both of which made me go down a ranking. Not that I care, I wouldn't want to work as a leader anyway. I like Tobias' job, control room and initiate training.

I just finished my last fight for the day, which was an easy win against one of the female Amity transfers. Just as I am wrapping my bloody knuckles, Tobias approaches me and sits on the bench beside me.

"Wanna go to a Dauntless party tonight? I need my plus-one." Tobias teases and I laugh.

"Yes to the party. No to being your date." I tease back, and we both laugh.

"Okay, but just a tip, wear layers." Tobias says, and I look questioningly at him. "Don't ask, just do. I'll pick you up at the dorms around 7:30." Tobias says, and he leaves me in the training room.

Time to go shopping.

***

By the time 7:30 rolls around, I am dressed in black skinny jeans, a black t-shirt with a black tank underneath, and a red and black flannel. My red hair cascades down my back; I decided to leave it natural. Tobias shows up right on time, and we begin walking towards the apartments together.

"Aren't parties in the Pit?" I ask him, and he shakes his head.

"This was an invite-only party hosted by Zeke. Don't worry, he said I was entitled to a plus-one." Tobias laughs.

"What did we say about dates?" I mock annoyance. Tobias smirks and shakes his head as we stop at a door. He knocks three times, and the door is opened by Uriah.

"Hey, Ari! I was hoping Four would bring you, c'mon in!" Uriah says, and I can smell the beer in his breath. This is going to be a fun night.

Tobias grabs my hand, and pulls me inside. There are about twenty people here, and one of those people is Eric. What, why?!

"Okay, now that everyone is here, we're going to play Candor or Dauntless!!" Zeke yells to the room, and everyone sits in a circle in the living room.

"This is basically Truth or Dare." Tobias whispers in my ear, and I smile excitedly. I look across the circle, and see Eric watching Tobias and I. Fuck you too, man.

"Given I am the oh-so-generous host, I will go first. Uriah, dear brother, choose your fate." Zeke says like a pompous git, making everyone chuckle. Uriah, whom is sitting beside me, doesn't even hesitate to answer.

"Dauntless! Is that even a question?" Uriah shouts, making me laugh.

"Okay, why don't you give our newest party guest the ultimate welcome?" Zeke says, looking at me and winking. Before I can even comprehend anything, Uriah is pressing his lips against mine. The room erupts in cheers, and I laugh my ass off when Uriah pulls away, blushing red.

The game continues on, most people picking Dauntless, and shedding a piece of clothing rather than following through with their dare. That's why Tobias told me to wear layers.

The few people who picked Candor had to sip a purple liquid, which Tobias later told me was stolen truth serum. Dauntless? Stealing? Imagine that?