Negative Energy

To say we got a bad batch of Transfers is an understatement. They are either complete assholes or scared shitless firing a gun. I don't know if any of them will make it past the first cut. Well, six of them will, but I bet the four that are cut will all be Transfers. They're awful.

Eric and I have been taking turns these past couple days in each group, and the Dauntless-borns are doing well, which makes me worry for the Transfers. They are being set up for getting kicked out of Dauntless all together.

I have been trying to help the insecure Transfers, as I have a soft spot for them. I can't stand being around the cocky ones without wanting to punch them in the face. So I have been sticking with Tris, Al, and Myra. I have left the other Transfers to Tobias, even though I have seen him take an interest in Tris.

This morning, on the third day of intitation, Tobias and I are taking them on a run to the factionless sector, to give them a taste of what they will be dealing with. When everyone decides to join us, with half of them being late I might add, we take off in a steady jog. Tobias and I are in the front, as we find it fairly easy to hold a solid jog. The Transfers, not so much.

"Whose getting cut first?" I ask him through my steady breathing. I peek back at the group, and I see my insecure initiates are actually leading the pack, with the assholes barely able to keep up. Serves them right.

"Myra. She will rarely pull the bloody trigger on the guns, and she isn't strong enough to even get the knife to hit the target. It's unfortunate, but true. How are the Dauntless-borns doing?"

"Do you even have to ask? None of them would have to win a fight and they would still make it into Dauntless. They're getting Dauntless handed to them by the Transfers. I don't think my transfer group was even this bad last year. I mean, I think most of the Transfers actually beat the Dauntless Borns last year, right?" I tell him, and he chuckles with a nod.

"Yeah, and I think my Transfer group was better too. We should ask Max when we get back, see if this is the worst group of Transfers." I chuckle, wiping the mat of sweat off my forehead.

"You're on." Tobias says, and we finally make it to the edge of the factionless sector. Luckily for us, there is a group of fifteen to twenty factionless people seated against an old warehouse, watching us. There is a baby crying, as well as a couple barrels alight, with food cooking on the grates.

"This will be some of you one day, Transfers. Unless you decide to get your head out of the clouds and work your ass off. Dauntless isn't an easy ride, but it's worth it. I was third in my initiation last year, and I worked my ass off for it. Now I get to deal with you lovely people. Just ask Tobias here, he will tell you the competition last year was high, as there was a leadership position on the line. Top ranking initiates have to watch their backs, but it's worth it in the end." I tell them, and they're all stunned for a few moments.

"Why do you watch your back?" An ex-Erudite boy asks, and I look to see him standing with the mouthy Candor girl and the little Abnegation girl.

"Because people who are fighting just to keep their heads above the red line will take you out, or try to. But I will warn you now, if any of you stoop that low, and I find out who, you're going to be factionless before you can even blink." I threaten, and the cocky Candor boy just watched me, with a smirk on his face.

"Something to say Candor?" Tobias asks, as he must have seen the smirk as well.

"Nope, I'm just hoping our instructors will keep their promises." He says, looking right at me, taunting me.

"I intend to." I say, and without another word, I leave the Transfers to mull among themselves as they watch the factionless. This could quite possibly be there futures, sitting right in front of them.

***

That night, in the dining hall, Eric and I take a secluded table in the back corner, like we usually do. While Eric is getting our food, I am watching Peter and his goons at their table, eating and having a merry time. If I could kick him out right now, I wouldn't hesitate for a moment in doing so. He is a danger to my Transfers, and I'm just waiting for him to strike.

My transfers? Since when have I turned into the Mama Bear of the group? Look who needs to get their heads out of the clouds now...

"Hey, baby, what's wrong? You've been staring angrily at the same spot since I left." Eric asks as he places our food trays down.

"Peter. He's going to hurt someone, Eric, like those boys did to me last year. I'm just waiting for it." I tell him, and he grabs my hand, directing my attention back to him. His eyes look at me lovingly, and I smile softly, grateful for the distraction.

"I think he's too prideful for that, but hey, I could be wrong. Candors always have something to hide, even if they're always supposed to be honest. Everyone has some sort of skeleton in their closet." Eric replies, and I nod, not exactly comforted by his words.

"He's going to go after the good Transfers, the ones we need in Dauntless. Fuck, Eric, this is going to eat me alive, and it's only day three of initiation." I moan, and slump back in my seat, rubbing my temples in a quest for some sort of comfort.

"If he does, baby, he's gone, just like those fuckers last year. We will try to divert that energy, but if he acts on it, he will be gone, okay?" He tells me, and I nod, then I chuckle. He totally doesn't seem like the Eric I once knew.

"Who is this new Eric? God, I don't think I recognize him." I tease, and Eric smiles as he chews.

"You love him, don't deny it." He replies, and I nod at that.

"That I do." I tell him, and peck his lips over the table.

Double update, woohoo!! Maybe I will get another up today, we'll see....  :) :)