Welcome Initiates

**7 months later**

"How many do you think we're going to get this year?" I ask Tobias as we wait by the net for the first jumper.

Over these past seven months, things have been amazing and smooth. Eric and I are living together, which makes our love life a lot more interesting, and present. You could be blind and still know how head over heels we were for each other.

"No clue. Let's hope it's not as big as yours was last year. That was intense." Tobias says, and I laugh. before another comment is made, a dash of grey hits the net. Abnegation? First jumper? Transfer? Holy shit, the world is ending! Or maybe Eric just pushed her. Ha.

"You get pushed?" Tobias asks, and the frail girl shakes her head. "What's your name?" He asks her, and she doesn't answer for a few moments.

"That a hard one, initiate?" I ask, and she stares at me like I just insulted her.

"You can pick a new one, but make it good. You can't pick again." Tobias says, a little nicer than I just did.

"My name is Tris." She says with a sudden burst of confidence.

"First jumper, Tris!" Tobias yells, and I walk down the steps away from the net with her beside me.

"I was first jumper too." I tell her, and I see a blue figure hit the net next.

***

After we have all the transfers and Dauntless-borns gathered, Four speaks up.

"Dauntless-borns go with Shauna and Five, you don't need the tour. The transfers stay with me." Tobias says, and I hear a Candor boy snicker at my nickname, Five.

I instantly lay eyes on him, and he's a cocky one for sure. I walk straight up to him and pin him against the wall. His widen to the size of saucers, given I am much shorter and smaller than him, but still able to push him around.

"Wanna repeat that, asshole?" I ask, and he just stares at me.

"You won't hurt me." He mutters, and my anger flares. I grab his wrist and twist it behind his back, pressing the front of his body and the side of his face against the cold stone wall.

"Maybe I wasn't clear enough..." I say in his ear, and just as I am about to knee him in the crotch, Eric's voice rings out.

"Hey, babe, don't break him on the first day. Maybe tomorrow, but not today." Eric chuckles, and I let the asshole go. He cries out, and I walk away from him towards Eric. I smile at him, and peck his lips. The transfers all look at us in shock.

"Yes, transfers, I have managed to tame this beast. But don't piss him off." I say in a sing-song voice, making Tobias chuckle. I hear a few words uttered from a female initiate standing beside the one I just threatened, making me get angry and hurt, all at the same time.

"Hey, transfer, what the hell did you just call my girl?" Eric shouts at her, and she looks like a very terrified deer in headlights.

"N-nothing." She stutters, but Eric already picks her out from the crowd.

"Bullshit. I asked you a question." Eric presses, standing above her.

"Suck-up slut." She mutters, and I see Tobias is pissed as well.

"How dare you down to her when she is your superior?! She is in charge of your rankings, so you best apologize and make nice with her, or you might just get thrown out of Dauntless." Eric seethes, and I love how hot he is when he sticks up for me and is angry.

"I-I'm sorry." She utters, and before Eric tears her a new one, Tobias takes the initiates away, making Eric walk towards me, cursing to himself.

"Hey, babe, are you off for the rest of the day?" I ask, and he nods. "Let's go home, and have some fun." I whisper in his ear, and he grins wickedly.

***

The next morning, I leave Eric in bed, and I rush down to initiation training. We both slept in, and I just happened to wake up first. We got a little carried away last night, and enjoyed ourselves a little too late. Whoops.

Training starts in five minutes, so I run most of the way. I make it down to the training area with two minutes to spare. Only about half the initiates are present, most of them being Dauntless. I walk up to my favourite bunch in the Dauntless-born group.

"Hey Uriah, Lynn, Marlene. Excited to become official Dauntless members?" I ask them, and they all nod.

"Hell yeah. Dauntless through and through." Uriah says cockily, making me smirk and raise an eyebrow at him.

"Don't get too cocky tough guy, I could get you kicked out of Dauntless, you know." I tell him matter-of-factly, and the girls snicker while Uriah scoffs.

"You love me, it would never happen. We did kiss after all." Uriah reminds me, and I laugh.

"Yeah, a year ago man." I laugh, and by this time, Tobias and Shauna are standing at the front of the group. I join them, and face them.

"Your training begins today, starting with Stage One, guns and knives. This will last for a week. Then-" Tobias is cut off by Eric, who strolls in, looking almighty and not like he woke up ten minutes ago.

"Then, you will continue to Stage Two, fighting and combat. After this, four of you will be cut. Then, after Stage Three, which is strictly pushing your mentality to the breaking point, another four will be leaving. Only twelve of you will become official Dauntless members." Eric says emotionlessly, and the transfers look like they've been kicked in the gut.

"Cut?" A Candor girls asks, and I decide to speak.

"Not all of you are cut out to be Dauntless. So eight of you will be leaving. Twenty subtract eight makes twelve, right Candor?" I ask like a bitch, and she glares at me while the Dauntless borns laugh. I don't care what she thinks, her rankings are in my hands.

"Somebody should've told us!" The same Candor girl says, and I roll my eyes. Stop complaining and work for what you want.

"Why? Would you have chosen differently?" Eric asks emotionlessly, and the group is silent. "Five's right. Now, transfers stay here with Four and I, while the Dauntless born go with Shauna and Five. Let's get started."

PLEASE READ NOTE BELOW, IMPORTANT INFO!!

Sorry for the time jump guys, but it's the last big one in the book! Yes, we're coming to an end, but guess what? I'm writing a SEQUEL!!! I thought I should tell you guys that now, just to give you a little something something to look forward to. :) 

There's a lot of stuff on the way, but it will help give me some sort of edge in the sequel, which will be taking place in Insurgent, because the war will be happening in this book! I thought I should make my story a little different, but please stick with me!

Thank you to all you wonderful lovelies for the 877 reads! OMG, I never thought I could possibly get here, and here I am! I love you all, and thank you so much! I hope you all had a good Christmas/holiday!