Chapter 2- Childhood Friends

Edited on January 6th, 2016.

~~~

I walk through my apartment in my pajamas, planning to eat something for breakfast. My apartment is surprisingly normal for a nine hundred year old alien. The only noticeably odd object is an oil painting of my home planet, Gallifrey. If anyone questions it, I usually just tell them that it's from a science fiction television show.

Truthfully, I'm hiding in plain sight from my past lover, who goes by the title 'Doctor'. I'm currently living in the 21st century on Earth, which isn't the most logical plan I've ever created. Earth is mainly occupied by Humans, and the Doctor loves showing the universe to females of their species. I know that I abandoned him, but he didn't even bother searching for me. It hardly matters now, though. I haven't seen that sexy son of a bitch in over eight hundred years, and even though deep down I would love to reunited with him, I won't.

If anyone were to hear the complete story of our relationship, they would probably think I'm some psychopathic human who believes in time travel and who can't keep her pants on. It shouldn't be considered a love story, either, since I should be dead. I suppose it would be categorized as a'mystery' novel. The introduction to my character would be quite hard to follow.

I am a nine hundred and eight year old Timelady from Gallifrey with two out of the three Gallifreyan names you are meant to have by this age. I have my birth name, which is known by very few. All Timelords are given an academy name for others to address them by. Mine is Delta-Cita, which is the reason I chose to be known by Cita. Lastly, you're supposed to have chosen a title, but I refuse to go by a title, unlike the Doctor. I am one of only three known Timelords left in this universe, the others being the Doctor and my stepbrother the Master, whose Academy name is Koschei. I have known Kos all my life and I met Theta on initiation day when we were eight years old. Now we're the only Timelords left that I know of. The other Gallifreyans were killed in the Time War, and the planet burned due to a weapon called the Moment. The three biggest troublemakers from Gallifrey are left to represent our species.

All of that is in the past. I'm unaware of where the Doctor is and the Master is busy trying to take over the universe. Even though he continuously tries to control everything, he is still my best friend and my brother. Needing everything under control is normal for him.

In my dictionary, normal is a synonym for boring. I don't necessarily have a boring life. I have a car that I reassembled to be able to travel through time and space. Whenever I choose, I can travel from Victorian London to California in the year 2016. Just as long as I'm traveling, I'm fine with it. I don't have access to a TARDIS like the Doctor does. Last I heard, the Master had a TARDIS somewhere, but he doesn't seem to use it, so him and I are currently stuck on Earth.

As I'm biting into a juicy, red apple which serves as my breakfast, my phone rings from nearby on the kitchen counter. I reach over and answer it, seeing that my brother has chosen to contact me.

"Hey, Koschei," I say calmly, throwing my apple into the trashcan. "What could be important for you to call me?"

"That's not funny," he says blankly, ruining the light and cheery mood. "I was wondering if you could help me with something."

I sigh loudly, making sure he can hear it. "Does this 'something' have to do with taking over the universe and turning it into a living hell?"

"Possibly," he says simply.

I scrunch my eyebrows together. "Wait, when are you calling from?"

"I'm calling from 2008. I'm on the UNIT ship called the Valiant and yes, I'm ruling the world. I would like pepperonis on that, by the way." The Master has always been a fan of humor.

I let out an obviously unamused laugh. "Very funny, Koschei." I focus on the statements before his attempt at a joke. "I didn't think I'd hear from you until 2009, but here you are, calling me. That means whatever you need must be very important."

"You're probably aware that 2008 is the year that the humans from the end of the universe travel back in time and the TARDIS is a paradox and all that useless shit. However, did you know that I have the Doctor as my prisoner." I can hear him smiling through the phone, as if he's proud of having a prisoner.

"I'm in the future, mate. If you had held the Doctor prisoner, I would have known."

He laughs. "Except you've been avoiding him. You don't hear the news because your hiding from everything involving him." I try to speak, but he cuts me off. "Before you start bitching at me, just listen to what I have to say. I need you to visit the Valiant and act like you've been on my side from the beginning, and then he would feel guilty that he never looked for you and-"

I attempt to speak calmly, but my voice does raise slightly and my filter disappears. "There is no fucking way I'm seeing him. If he finds me, he's going to ask me to travel with him again, and we both know that can't happen." Even though I would do anything for the opportunity to travel with the Doctor, the truth is it can't ever happen.

"Sweet little Cita,  you've regenerated since the last time the Doctors saw you. You're an entirely different person. Not only is your appearance and your personality different, but he thinks you're dead!" The Master is practically screaming into the phone.

"If I were to become part of your plan, you would tell him because you're a backstabbing son of a bitch, Koschei," I say seriously.

"I rarely ask you for favors from you, Cita. Do it for old times sake and please don't make a bitchy remark about how we used to be best friends not enemies because that's just going to ruin my exceptionally not shitty mood."

This is a hard decision that will affect the rest of my extremely long life. There is a chance that he'll invite me to travel with him again and the opportunity will be hard to decline, but it would be nice to see him. It has taken me hundreds years to realize it, but i owe him. I disappeared and faked my own death in the middle of our relationship. That makes me seem like a terrible person. I'm going to apologize and then run away, hoping he won't follow me. I always run in the end, but first I've got to step into the line of fire.

"Where do you want to meet?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AND CHAPTER TWO IS DONE. DID YOU LIKE IT!?!? THERE JUST AREN'T ENOUGH DOCTOR WHO FANFICTIONS OUT THERE THAT INCLUDE THE MASTER. I MEAN, COME ON! THE MASTER IS AMAZING. ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT, COMMENTS ARE WELL APPRECIATED, AS ARE VOTES. OH AND PEARL, IF YOUR READING THIS, I TYPED THIS WHOLE THING IN ONE DAY...BLAHH...I'M BEING RANDOM AREN'T I? OK, WELL, BYEEE!!!