Chapter 13- Taking a Bullet

HELLO!!! BEEN WRITING A LOT AND READING A LOT AND BASICALLY BEEN ON WATTPAD A LOT LATELY SO...ENJOY!!! --

~~~~~~~~~

Pain. That is one word to describe my life right now.

You know when someone asks you if you would take a bullet for a stranger, and you reply,

"Oh, I don't know, but I'll never be in that situation for the time that I'm alive."

Yeah, I was never one of those people. I knew that if I could save someone else from feeling pain, that I would do it.

It has been a long time since I've been shot and it hurts like shit.

I felt my body falling just as the asteroids hit the Titanic.

The last thing I saw was the young sailor whom I had just taken the bullet for, before I blacked out

------------ Earlier that day------------

"Wanna take a little trip to Earth with Astrid and I?"

The Doctor had just come over with the blonde waitress that he had helped earlier. I felt a pang of jealousy towards the woman before I put on a fake smile and replied.

"No thanks. I think I'll just...Wander about, enjoying the Christmas spirit, maybe talk to some folk."

Yeah, no need to mention the possible investigation that you might conduct. Nope, in fact it'd be better if he just left me alone to do what I do best.

The smile on the Doctors face fell, considering I would rather spend Christmas with total strangers rather than with him...

Pay back is a bitch!

We both went our separate ways, I walking towards one of the robot angels, and the Doctor with Astrid trailing behind, moving with a group towards the teleports.

I walked up to the angel, smiled, and spoke to it.

"Hello! Sorry, not the best with memory, could you remind me who you are."

"Information: Host are here to help passengers due to serving Max-Max-Max."

The Stewart came over to me and took the angle way, apologizing for the inconvenience, but I wasn't listening.

No, I was remembering...

"We've got Host!"

"It has something to do with the Host!"

I turned to the Stewart and flashed him the Doctors psychic paper, which I might of taken when we were on the TARDIS, but never mind that.

"I need to speak to the captain. No questions asked. No I don't need an escort, I'll find my own way. Good day Sir."

I noticed that all of the hosts' heads turned towards me when I said that. But, as I teleported, I didn't notice that the Doctor was back, complaining about being teleported mid-sentence for some reason.

Just as I had teleported onto the deck to see the captain, I heard a gunshot. I spun around only to feel a killer pain travel through my chest, very close to my heart.

And, being the insane person I am, I didn't try to use my regeneration energy to heal myself.

No...

I dedicated all my remaining energy to my powers, needing to understand what as happening so I could re-write the future.

Captain. Working for the Host. Host around ship. Ship in space. Asteroids. Cancel engines. Titanic falls. Doctor reboots engines. Allons-y Alonso! Earth safe. On TARDIS...

I just changed the future, again, not only saving the Doctors life, but the six billion on the planet below.

-------------------

My eyes flung open and met with a bright light. It took a minute to adjust, but when I finally did, I took in my surroundings.

The TARDIS. It looked like I was in the infirmary. In the corner sat a worried Doctor, reading some book.

I doubt he's actually reading that.

I tried to sit up, but a searing pain went through my chest and I let out a whimper. The Doctor looked up, realized I was awake and put the book down.

"Took a bullet for a complete stranger then refused to heal yourself, oh that does sound like you."

I don't really see why this matters to him. I've gotten shot plenty of times before. Not recently, but I've lived 900 years of being shot and I'm still alive.

"Yeah, well, I guess you know me more than I know you know me."

Our eyes met. I could tell what he was doing and it wasn't going to work.

"Doctor, I have my mental shields up, it's not going to work. If you want to know something, just ask instead of trying to rummage through my head."

"Well," he knelt down to my medical bed so he was at my level, "The thing is, I do know you, and I know that's a lie. If ask a question that you don't want to or can't answer, you just avoid it and move on."

"Possibly including as many curse words as I can, yes. I do that. Some answers aren't meant to be told, but found. So, I'll tell you again, if you have a question for me, there is always an answer, so just ask."

He sighed, looked me straight in the eyes, and spoke.

"Cita, back on the Titanic, you sent me a look that clearly said 'I feel guilty being around you.' So, not to intrude, but why would you feel guilty? I know, you left me on Gallifrey on my own, but you obviously had a reason. So, why do you feel guilty."

Why shouldn't I feel guilty? I left the Doctor. I left my family. I left my friends. I caused the universe pain just by existing.

I shouldn't exist. Everywhere I go, I lose something. Hope, love, family, friends, everything that matters to me.

The many lives out there, in the universe, hell even other universes, that have been lost, all because of me.

"I--I have made mistakes in the past, and the present, and future. I just-- I've lost so many people in my life, some of them I don't even know. Species have gone extinct because of me, children have suffered! And it's my fault."

"Cita! You can't go and blame yourself for everything bad that has happened in the universe! It is not your fault. Ok?"

All these years I've known him, and I still haven't told him. If he knew, he wouldn't be saying that. If he knew everything about me and my timeline, then he wouldn't even speak to me. Or about me.

Even though I didn't agree with him, I nodded. I then tried to get up from my bed, only to fall into the Doctors arms.

Great! I thought, Now I have to be carried everywhere.

And I was, the Doctor carried me into the console room and sat me in a passengers seat. While he was messing around with the TARDIS, I put my hand on my bandaged wound. Now would be the time to heal myself.

Instead of using my regeneration energy though, I just used my powers. My hand glowed golden, as did my eyes. I whispered so the Doctor couldn't hear:

Let the power within shine,

Bring back what once was mine,

Time and time and time again,

Keep the now without the then,

The light died down to show I was no longer injured. I looked up to see the Doctor, staring at me like I was just set on fire. I smiled at him.

"Well then, anymore questions?"

~~~~~~~~~

HELLO!!! HOME ALONE FROM SCHOOL TODAY(5/29) AND I'VE WRITTEN SOME OF NWO!!! ANYWAY, I HOPE YOU LIKED IT. I'VE BEEN TRYING TO MAKE MY CHAPTERS A BIT LONGER... I HAVE POSSIBLY SUCCEEDED... ANYWAY... COMMENT, VOTE, AND FOLLOW...

 --EVIL STARFISH OUT--