Chapter 7- Goodnight

HELLO THERE!!! SO, FROM WHEN I'M WRITING THIS I JUST HIT 100 READS SO THX EVERYONE WHO READS MY STORY. I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER!!! ---

Edited on February 19th/March 20th, 2016.

~~~

The Master has been entirely focused on the spheres recently, which gave me the opportunity to hack into the Archangel Network, which has been sending out a hypnotic signal since the Master began planning the invasion. I now rely completely on Martha Jones to complete her task. She has been traveling the skin of the Earth for an entire year and if our plan is successful then she will be returning to the Valiant today. Communicating with her has been difficult, but when I finally did contact her, I told her to go with the soldiers or whoever finds her without causing trouble. My brother wants Martha to suffer in the presence of the Doctor, however, I highly doubt we'll be letting that happen.

----HOURS LATER----

The Master never could resist a ticking clock. Guards circle the room full of people as I mentally destroy the source of the continuous ticking. Martha bows her head as she is positioned in the center of the deck, holding back laughter that would be directed at the man before her. The Master began a very long, unnecessary speech.

"At zero to mark this day, the child Martha Jones will die." A childish smile appears on his face, which makes the food inside of my stomach flip upside down. "My first blood," he says excitedly as he holds his laser screwdriver with confidence.

"Any last words?" He waits a few seconds, but Martha does not reply. "No? Nothing at all? She's such a disappointment, this one." He turns to speak to the Doctor. "Days are old, Doctor. You had companions who could absorb the Time Vortex. This one's useless." The Master aims his weapon of choice at the Doctor's companion. Martha does not move a muscle.

"And so it falls to me," he begins to announce to the room, "as Master of all, to establish from this day a new order of Time Lords. From this day forward-" A laugh escapes my slightly parted lips. He turns to me with a scowl upon his face.

"Is something funny, Cita?" He asks me with an edge to his voice. "Or are you just excited about the execution?" I can hear Jack and Martha join me, letting out soft giggles, unable to contain their laughter. My brother looks towards me like a lost puppy wandering down an empty street.

"A gun?" I question him jokingly. "A gun in four parts?"

"Yes," he confirms, still extremely confused. "And I destroyed it." I motion for Martha to speak. She gets to her feet, confidence flashing in her eyes.

"A gun in four parts, scattered across the world. I mean come on," she sounds her disbelief. "Did you really believe that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't you wanna know what I was doing travelling the world for a whole year?"

"Tell me," he demands. A curious look is sent towards me, but I don't allow emotions to be present on my face.

"I told a story. That's it. No weapons, just words with power and wisdom. I did just what Cita said to do. I went across the continents, and everywhere I went I found the people and I told them my story." Bravery seems to be pulsing through Martha's veins. "I told them about The Doctor. And I told them to pass it on, to spread the word so that everyone would know about The Doctor."

The Master seems to be amused. "Faith and hope. Is that all?"

"No, because I gave them an instruction, just as Cita said. I told them that if everyone thinks of one word, at one specific moment-" The Master interrupts.

"Nothing will happen. Is that your weapon Cita. Prayer?"

Martha chooses to continue. "Right across the world. One word, just one thought, at one moment, but with fifteen satellites."

"What?" The Master questions.

"The Archangel Network." I said, "The telepathic field, binding the whole human race together. With all of them, every single person on Earth, thinking the same thing at the same time. And that word is Doctor." I smile as I see The Doctor becoming young again in the corner of my eye. The Doctor finally speaks up.

"Cita and Jack had a whole year to tune me into the psychic network. Tell me the human race is degenerate now, when they can do this." The Doctor levitates into the air, hovering towards his childhood friend. The Master commands him to stop, but in the end the Doctor huddles in the corner of the room with his arms around his friend as he whispers 'I forgive you.'

The room begins to shake violently. The Doctor tells everyone to drop to the floor as he explains that time is reversing to before the tragedy began. I remain standing, knowing that my resistance will bother him. When the ship becomes still, the Doctor rushes over to a radio and listens to UNIT.

The Master attempts to flee the scene, but Captain Jack Harkness stops him and slaps handcuffs around his wrists. I don't sound my slight annoyance at this, nor do I speak when the room's occupants begin to say we should kill my brother. The Doctor glances at me before telling them that he won't allow that to happen. 

The unmistakable sound of a gunshot rings out in the room. I turn to see Lucy with a tight grip on the gun she has just fired. Her eyes lack light and she is shaking her head, as if pitying herself. Jack approaches her, removing the gun from her hand as the Doctor and I rush over to the Master, who had been the target of the bullet.

Lowering him to the ground, I realize the large amount of blood that is gushing from the hole in his chest. I look into his eyes, seeing clear pain, as if he isn't trying to heal himself. "You're not going to regenerate," I say with realization, my grip on him loosening as I feel the life leaving his body.

"You know me so well, Cita." With the remaining strength he has, he pulls me forward to whisper in my ear, not letting the Doctor hear what he has to say. "We will meet again soon."

A single tear slides down my cheek as he leaves us. I may see him again, as he said I will, but it's still upsetting to see your brother's body laying lifeless on the cold floor. The Doctor wraps his around around my shoulder, pulling me away from Koschei. He whispers into my ear, telling me that we'll have a proper burning ceremony for him, which is a tradition from back on Gallifrey.

----LATER----

Martha chooses to leave the Doctor so she can look after her family. After she says her goodbyes, including a slightly awkward farewell between her and I, she leaves the TARDIS. The Doctor and I remain in the console room alone. My heartbeats quicken. I shouldn't allow myself to travel with him, but I'm not sure I have the strength to decline his offer.

He turns towards me and our eyes meet.

---

DID YOU LIKE IT? DID YOU HATE IT? PLEASE COMMENT DOWN BELOW, IT'LL MAKE MY DAY!!! ALSO VOTE IF YOU LIKED IT CUS THAT JUST MAKES MY DAY...AND YEAH...

(This chapter was so shit before I edited it. Why did anyone ever even read the unedited version?)

--EVIL STARFISH OUT--