Party, party, party

"Kara! get out here!" Diana shouted from the kitchen area of the college dorm room, she was putting the finishing to her make up, not like she needed it, she was wearing a dark red, almost maroon dress highlighting the curves to her body. Kara had been in the bathroom for over an hour, she had nothing to wear to the big freshers party so Diana had let her borrow one of her more racy numbers which Kara wasn't very confident about she had never really been to any big, proper parties before, to say she was nervous was an understatement.  "Come on its already started! If we're to late there will be no booze left!" Diana shouted, pouting at the thought of being completely sober at her first college party, the thought terrified her. 

"Fine! Promise not to laugh!" Kara called, Diana rolled her eyes, who thought a classic geek could be such a drama queen, the girl kept copies and copies of superhero comics and merchandise under her bed for gods sake. 

"I promise!" Diana shouted while slipping on her sleek black, velvet heels, that were so high they were on the verge of being a health and safety issue. The bathroom door creaked open slowly, to reveal a very awkward looking Kara stood in a skin tight, black dress that just about covered her ass, the low neck off the dress was threatening, but Diana clasped her hands like a proud mother sending her kid off to prom. "You look incredible!" Diana squealed grabbing Kara by the hand, dragging her out of the apartment dorm, Kara could barley walk in her borrowed high heels, which were the smallest heels that Diana owned, they were still to much for Kara nevertheless. 

"Diana! Slow down! I can't walk in these!" Kara called, holding onto the wall for support as the edged closer to the flight of stairs they would have to go down to reach the main hall where the party was being held. 

"Oh my god, come on!" Diana said, she was so close to attempting to carry the blonde down the stairs but thought better of it, instead allowing Kara to use her as a moving wall as the pair made there way down the stairs. They made it, only for Diana to pull Kara into the main hall, as soon as they entered the music was pounding at a deafening rate in their ear drums, the hall itself was full of freshers, having a good time and being generally irresponsible. "come on lets mingle" Diana said shimming away from the blonde, Kara quickly lost track of Diana in the huge crowd of dancing, if you could even call it that, people. She looked around the dark hall where the only light came from the occasional flash of neon, Kara's heart started pounding out her chest, her palms beginning to sweat, she couldn't stay here. Kara stumbled towards the door, her vision growing more and more blurry, she couldn't breath, she pushed past body after body until finally she saw the exit and pushed through it. Once out of the main hall she collapsed against the wall sliding towards the floor, her heartbeat still faster than a prize race horse. 

"Kara, are you alright?" Kara looked up, still shaking she saw Lena's concerned face looking back at her, she was wearing sweatpants and what looked like a Harry Potter style hoodie, her hair was up in a messy bun, Kara shook her head slowly not knowing how else to answer the question. Lena slid down the concrete wall so she was sitting firmly beside Kara, who was still breathing heavily. "Cheeto?" Lena offered, tilting the huge sharing bag of Cheetos towards Kara, the blonde declined she couldn't even think about eating right now, which was saying something. What the hell just happened?  Kara thought, she had never experienced anything like that before. "It helps to close your eyes and think of the ocean waves" Lena said casually, shoving another handful of Cheetos into her mouth, Kara furrowed her eyebrows at the brunette. 

"What?" She asked breathlessly. 

"When I have panic attacks that's what I do, I just thought that might work for you as well" Lena explained, Kara nodded, closing her eyes and doing as Lena had suggested, she had never had a panic attack before, not that she could remember anyway. Kara felt her heart slow down as she imagined the too and fro of the cold, calm waves, her breathing was almost back to normal as she opened her eyes, to see Lena still sitting beside her stuffing her own face with Cheetos. 

"Thank you!" Kara said, starting to feel normal again, the world had stopped spinning around her. "That's twice you've saved me in the same day" Kara said smiling, maybe Lena was her guardian angel and if you believed in miracles then Lena must be hers, she didn't know what she would have done without her today. Lena smiled at Kara, there green and blue eyes equally as bright staring into each other's souls and Kara couldn't help but think how simply beautiful Lena was. 

"Kara? What happened? Are you okay?" The concerned voice of Diana said as she crouched down in front of the blonde, Kara broke her staring contest with Lena, even though she really didn't want to she could stare into Lena's eyes all day. 

"I had a panic attack but I'm okay now thanks to Lena" Kara said, turning to smile at Lena again, who smiled shyly, not taking her eyes of the floor, wow she really was shy. Diana nodded smiling a quick thank you at Lena. 

"Let's get you back to the dorm room, the party sucks anyway" Diana said with a sigh, helping Kara to her feet, "Lena do you want to come and have a nightcap with us?" Diana asked with a smile, Lena got her feet empty bag of Cheetos clutched in her hands. 

"No thank you, I should be getting back to my own dorm room" Lena said quietly and with that she scuttled away from the two women, Kara stared after her, hoping that she would look back, but Lena never did. 

"She's a weird one" Diana said, helping Kara up the stairs in the high heels which proved a lot more difficult than going down them. 

"The best people are" Kara said dreamily. 

Authors Note:  

Hey guys hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, comments and reads it means a lot!