Cheetos and Ponchos

Lena sat in her dorm room, only wearing a poncho that was more than one size to big for her. A half eaten tub of Ben and Jerry's Ice cream lying abandoned on the dining room table as she was now stretched over the couch, her hand wrist deep in a bag of Cheetos, that she ate loudly, her eyes glued to the television news reel that had been showing nothing but the discovery of the city's latest superheros named 'Supergirl' and 'Wonder Woman' by Cat Grant herself. Lena seemed to be the only person in the whole city who wasn't at all excited by this. She was still mourning the death of Natasha and she couldn't help but feel partly responsible for her death. If only she had paid more attention to Harley, maybe if she had noticed the change in her behaviour, she could have stopped it from happening. The thought plagued Lena's mind. 

She had set an automatic program up on her computer in the den, which sent live alerts of crime straight to Diana and Kara's burner phones, which Lena had insisted they invest in if they don't want their real identities to be discovered by the general public. Lena hand't been back in the den in a week, she had told Diana and Kara she wasn't feeling well, hence why there was a need for the automatic program. But Lena wasn't planning on returning to the den. She was considering asking for a transfer to a college far, far away from this one. She couldn't handle knowing that Kara and Diana were out there risking their lives night after night, trying to make this city a better place. She couldn't handle any more blood on her hands. 

Suddenly there was a loud knock on Lena's apartment door, she looked up in confusion as she got to her feet slowly, tossing the now empty pack of Cheetos on the floor, dusting off her now orange fingers on the front of her poncho. She had no idea who could be on the other side of that door, she wasn't expecting any company. Lena walked over to the dorm room door and swing it open, her brain faltering slightly as she saw Kara standing on the other side, a big cheesy grin on her face. 

"Nice poncho" Kara remarked as she walked into the dorm room, for a second there Lena had completely forgotten that all she was wearing was a Cheeto stained poncho, and she immediately felt very self conscious in front of the very well put together blonde who always seemed to look good. Kara had only ever seen Lena in her lab coat or her very corporate clothing style. So this was shocking for both of them. "How are you feeling?" Kara asked, as she stood awkwardly in the middle of the apartment, Lena standing opposite her, just as awkwardly, if not worse. She wasn't very used to entertaining people. 

"Still worse for wear" Lena lied, she was completely healthy, or at least as healthy as you could be after eating that much junk food. But she knew as soon as Kara or Diana believed her to be better they would be asking the much more difficult question of why she wan't coming back to the den, and the team. 

"Listen I know this isn't really the best of times but I feel we haven't really had an opportunity to talk about what happened between us" Kara remarked, Lena licked her lips nervously, as Kara looked at the brunette through her own nervous and concerned eyes. 

"What do you mean?" Lena lied again, she knew exactly what Kara meant by this, she was talking about the kiss, the sporadic, in the moment kiss, that Lena herself had instigated. Lena began to walk away from Kara slowly, running her fingers over the dining table in the middle of the dorm room, Kara followed right behind her.  

"The Kiss." 

"hmm." 

"Was it good?" 

"hmm."

"Did you like it?"

"hmm." 

Kara was now practically chasing Lena around the dorm room, Lena never standing still, Kara was growing more and more frustrated, not only would the brunette not stand still and look her in the eyes, but she wouldn't even give a real answers to her questions. Kara didn't think she had ever been more confused in her whole life. 

"What did it mean?" Kara urged, growing impatient. Lena just stayed silent this time, not even her usual sound as a response. But she continued to walk around the room. Kara had, had enough as she groaned loudly grabbing Lena's arm gently and spinning her around to face her, Kara grasped her shoulders with her hands to stop Lena wandering off again. She would have her answer. "What did it mean?" Kara repeated this time with a little more dominance in her voice. Lena just shrugged her shoulders, her eyes glued to the floor. "Talk to me for god sake Lena!" Kara shouted, this had been eating away at her for weeks, she just needed an answer. 

This was all to much for Lena, how was she meant to give Kara and answer that she wasn't even sure of herself. This is what she did she walked into peoples lives and destroyed them, one way or another. Lena couldn't stop herself, she fell to the floor in a flood of tears, Kara immediately dropped to the floor, spouting apology after apology, she wrapped Lena up in her strong arms, letting Lena cry her heart out on her shoulder. 

Authors Note: 

Hey guys I hope that you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!