Little Miss Huffy

It was fair to say that Kara had never felt more guilty about anything in her entire life, well maybe perhaps apart from that one time when she let Alex take the fall for her with Eliza. So just like any other day Kara was on her way to Lena's lab, but unlike any other day she had a box of chocolates grasped in her hands, as a both 'sorry we pressured you into making us superhero costumes,' and 'thank you for making us superhero costumes.' She walked into the lab, looking around gingerly for the brunette, Lena was sitting in her usual seat at the bench, with sheets and sheets of paper sprawled out in front of her, Kara managed to get a glint of a number of small sketches before Lena hastily tided them together, noticing she wasn't alone. 

"I just wanted to say sorry for involving you in all of this" Kara said quietly as she slid the cute, little box of chocolates across the bench into Lena's awaiting arms, who again was wearing her 'sexy scientist' glasses, as Kara had amply named them, and with the look on Lena's face, Kara could tell she was still in a bad mood from the day before. The brunette pushed the box of chocolates to one side with distaste before glaring deep into Kara's scared soul.

"You can leave now" Lena growled, her eyebrows flat about her eyes instead of in their usual playful position that Kara loved so much, the blonde had no idea what to do if she did what Lena asked it would just show that she didn't really care which would be completely false. But on the other hand if she stayed she risked angering Lena further which would not be good for anyone, God why are women so complicated!  

Kara instead of inching towards the door inched further towards where Lena was sitting, the Luthor rolled her eyes and Kara could see she was rolling her tongue in her mouth, a classic sign of anger, again not a good sign of what was to come. 

"What you working on there?" Kara asked playfully, putting a silly accent on, knowing that always made Lena laugh, apart from on this one occasion apparently. Lena held the papers closer to her, so Kara couldn't peak at what was on them. 

"Kara just leave me alone can you do that for me?" Lena said sharply, the Irish lilt in her voice seemed to become a lot more obvious when she was angry, and Kara couldn't take Lena serious when she looked and sounded as cute as she did in that moment, God Kara contain yourself!  the blonde shouted at her subconscious. 

"Nope" Kara answered a bit to quickly with a bit to much enthusiasm, Lena groaned loudly resting her head on the desk, still keeping her papers firmly covered. Kara smiled as she cocked her head at the brunette who had obviously realised Kara wasn't leaving this lab. "I didn't want to drag you into this mess Lena and I know we went against the only rule you set down, but I believe that together we can help to-"

"I'm not in the mood for an inspirational speech Ka-ra!" Lena said raising her voice as she lifted her head off the desk, making the blonde go silent, and slightly red once more which seemed to just be a side effect from being in Lena's presence. "I'm sorry" Lena said rubbing her face with her hands, before sliding the sketches over to Kara's side of the work bench, "look at them for all I care." Kara studied the sketches for quite some time, Lena was designing their superhero outfits, all four of them and they looked, lets just say out of this world. 

"Lena these are amazing! Thank you!" Kara exclaimed, smiling cheerily over at the brunette who cracked the smallest of smiles at the compliment, she had always had a secret flare for art, she was teetering on the verge of being a hipster and everything, which just added to her cuteness in Kara's opinion, but lets admit that is slightly bias these days. 

"Its fine" Lena said, not giving into the dorky blonde who was obviously trying to cheer her up and gain her forgiveness at the same time, but something about Kara putting herself on danger in particular seemed to resonate with the brunette. "I need your measurements for the costume" Lena said blandly, making Kara smile again, for some reason she believed even with the look on Lena's face she was excited to be apart of this new adventure. 

"Yeah of course, do you want to take them now, I can run and grab a tape measure, it will literally take me two seconds!" Kara said excitedly springing to her feat, ready to be Lena's messenger for the rest of eternity if thats what she desired. 

"No! I have one right here" Lena said again, still not showing one once of emotion like she normally did when they were together. She walked over to another table in the corner of the lab picking up a tape measure before walking back to where Kara stood. 

"So how long are you planning on being Little Miss Huffy for?" Kara asked, crossing her arms playfully, Lena glared at the blonde who was trying to make light of the situation. 

"Never. Call. Me. That. Again" Lena said seriously as her emerald eyes narrowed in Kara's direction, who was still smiling away to herself, still finding Lena being angry the most adorable thing known to man kind. 

"Only if you promise to stop being Little Miss Huffy" Kara challenged, making Lena roll her eyes once more. 

"Seriously?" Lena asked, raising an eyebrow letting a faint gasp of laughter leave her lips, letting Kara know that she had finally managed to break the Ice that was built up between them. 

"You have to promise Lena" Kara said pointing her finger in the brunettes direction, mockingly shaking it at her like an angry teacher would do.    

"Fine, I promise now can we get on with this."

Authors Note:  

Hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!