Infiltration

After a heated argument between Alex and Maggie it was agreed on that Alex was the quickest driver, although Lena believed that the only reason Maggie had given in so easily was because Alex had that threatening look in her eye which scared the hell out of everyone she came across, even if they wouldn't admit it. Lena sat in the back of the car, trying her best to keep Alex supplied with directions and any information on where they were headed that she came across. Although that proved to be difficult when Alex and Maggie were constantly bickering like an old married couple in the first seats. Shouting at Lena to shut up whenever she would try and interject like she was their unruly child. 

They drove down an old winded road, the dust kicking up in the wheels so badly Alex could barley see through the clouds of murk in front of them, squinting her eyes and leaning forward ever so slightly in the driver seat in an attempt to get a better look. Suddenly Lena heard a loud noise coming from outside of the car that even started to drown out Alex and Maggie's petty arguing, she stretched her neck out through the window, trying to see what on earth it could be.  Lena had to blink a couple of times so she wasn't imagining what her eyes were seeing. Above the car flew a jet black helicopter, flying lower and lower drawing so close to the car now as if they were about to land. As the machine drew closer, the picture became more clear. Lena gasped when she saw the people on board. Or at least at one particular person. 

"Oh shit!" Alex shouted as the car suddenly swerved out of control, spinning around in the dust sending the passengers rocking back and forth in their seats. Alex had slammed the breaks down when she saw a convoy of fast approaching army type cars, hoping to avoid the encounter, now they would be stopped before they had even reached Kara and Diana's location. Lena's eyes were still on the helicopter when the car finally stopped spinning, the helicopter itself landing a few meters away from them. 

"I'll go see whats going on." Maggie announced taking her seat belt off but just as she was about to open her side door, Alex grabbed onto her wrist, harshly pulling at the skin to keep her firmly in the vehicle. 

"Who made you the team leader exactly?" Alex growled, she didn't really care who made the sacrifice of leaving the car to face whoever those secret government officials where who were most likely holding Diana and her sister captive. But it felt so good to argue about minor things with Maggie it really helped her keep her mind off the whole life and death situation that they were entering into. 

"I'm a cop Danvers, they might listen to me." Maggie said simply rolling her eyes, god it made her so frustrated, she had never met someone who loved to pointlessly argue with someone about nothing as much as Alex did. 

"Well I have an idea, why don't we all go?" Lena interjected she did not want to listen to another hour of arguing especially if who she thought she saw in the helicopter was actually there. And before the brunette got an answered she had already left the car, slamming the half broken door behind her. Alex and Maggie both raced out behind her, both of them badly wanting to win whatever silly game they were playing. 

The three women walked towards the convoy of cars which had all come to a halt, the helicopter parked neatly behind them. They held their hands in the air, hoping that they weren't all just going to be shot on site, then this whole mission would have been a massive waste of time. A line of what looked like agents dressed fully in black stood in front of the convoy, guns pointed right at the woman who were still approaching cautiously. They stopped a few feet a way from the armed agents, breathing deeply, waiting for them to make the first move. 

"Stand down agents!" A deep authoritative voice rose up from behind the convoy, the women looked up in surprise and saw a handsome black man walking towards them, dressed in all black like the other agents. He must be the leader. Suddenly Lena's mouth dropped in shock, as from behind the man appeared Kara and Diana, they didn't look harmed or in danger at all. Not one bit. 

Lena looked over to Alex who looked equally surprised, enough to make a tear run down her cheek, she must have really thought that her sister was lost forever. Maggie had a loom of subtle confusion on her face. Kara smiled at the women, a sad smile not her usual cheesy one. 

"You must be Alex, Lena and?" The man  paused for a moment his finger pointing towards Maggie. 

"Maggie." Maggie helped, the man nodded his head in acknowledgement.  

"Welcome to the DEO." He announced gesturing to a large base in the distance, which was no doubt where Lena's map was leading them but it looked like in the end Kara and Diana never did need any saving. 

Authors Note:

Hey guys I hope you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!