not of this world

Kara crawled through the wet autumn leaves that covered the ground of the woods, with ever movement she could hear the snapping of twigs, which sounded like a gunshot with every crack, she winced, her head still banging, she could hear her own heartbeat, thumping in her chest, suddenly she saw what looked like Diana's body lying, crushed underneath a tree that must have come down due to the storm, she reached Diana's body, thank god she was still breathing. Kara grabbed onto the trunk of the tree that was lying across Diana's waistline, with a huge grunt of effort Kara rolled the tree off of Diana's body, Kara was surprised that she managed to move the trunk of the tree at all, it must be the adrenaline in a life or death situation. 

"Diana!" Kara shouted, lightly tapping on the brunettes face trying her best to wake her from her comatose state without injuring her further, with a splutter Diana opened her eyes breathing heavily, her eyes wild as her brain started to remember what had happened she looked up at Kara in shock who was still crouched over her body. "Diana are you okay?" Kara asked, for some reason Kara kept seeing, what looked like a skeleton where Diana was sitting, she really must have banged her head. 

"I'm fine just a bit sore, what the hell was that light?" Diana asked sitting up, as Kara embraced her in a hug just thankful that her friend was alive, she could worry about injuries later but for now this was a blessing. 

"I have no idea, but help me find Natasha and Harleen?" Kara asked as she started looking around for their other teammates, Diana nodded as she got to her feet, Kara got to her's to wincing as she straightened her back, "Stay close" Kara whispered as Diana nodded again, both their eyes beginning to scan the floor of the wood, hoping that the other two weren't far away. 

"I see them!" Diana shouted as she pointed to a Natasha and Harleen who were still firmly unconscious lying next to each other as if someone had placed them perfectly beside each other. "Lets get them out of here" Diana said picking Natasha's small body up with ease as Kara did the same with Harleen who felt like she weighed nothing at all, maybe Kara wasn't going to have to work out after all. "Let's go to the medical room its better to be safe than sorry" Diana said as the two women trekked through the dark woods. 

"We don't know what that light did or how we're infected" Kara said, following the outline of Diana's body, Diana furrowed her eyebrows slightly confused by Kara's comment. 

"That's exactly my point we could have radiation poisoning or anything" Diana said hotly, seeding up a little bit now anxious to get out of the woods as fast as she possibly could. 

"And what if its changed our biology in some weird way I don't want to be shipped off to some government facility to be experimented on" Kara said shaking her head, that was still filled with pain. 

"What's your suggestion then?" Diana asked, as she realised that what Kara said was more thank likely true she didn't really feel like herself right now and she had a feeling it was down to more than just the shock of having a near death experience. 

"Lena Luthor has a private lab on campus I'm pretty confident she will be able to figure out what that light did to us" Kara said, hoping that whatever time it was that the brunette would still be up, maybe she would still be working through those quantum equations if she was lucky. 

"Fine, lets go to Lena's lab" 

***********************************************************************************************

Kara knocked loudly on the lab door before turning the handle, thank god it was open she walked in with Diana following closely as they locked the door behind them to make sure they had no unexpected visitors. 

"Kara, what happened?" Lena asked, as she set down a testube containing a bright red liquid, Kara couldn't help but notice how cute the raven haired woman looked in a white lab coat. Kara explained the whole mysterious light story to Lena who just listened in disbelief as Diana lay Harleen and Natasha on one of Lena's many sterile benches. 

"Will you help us Lena?" Kara asked, as she started to feel dizzy, the pain in her head getting worse and worse, suddenly they heard a thump from the other end of the lab, Diana's limp body was lying on the ground. Lena ran over with Kara moving slightly slower behind her. Lena put her fingers on Diana's pulse. 

"It's okay she's just unconscious" Lena confirmed, as she turned around to look at Kara who was now lying on the floor, she had also fallen unconscious, Lena held Kara's head in her hands. "I promise I will do everything In my power to help you" Lena whispered, it looked like this was going to be another sleepless night for the brunette. 

Authors Note:        

Hey guys I hope that you enjoyed that chapter and thank you for all the votes, reads and comments it means a lot!