Quantum Equations

Kara opened her eyes, groaning as she wiped away the sleep from the corner of her eyes, she sat up slowly and her ears immediately tuned into Diana who was in the kitchen, making what smelled like waffles, of course thats why Kara woke up, her subconscious smelled the food. Diana smiled over at Kara when she realised she was awake and watching her carefully, no doubt trying to get a peak into the frying pan to see if there was a waffle for her in there as well. Diana rolled her eyes at the hungry blonde. 

"Don't worry Kara, i made you one to!" Diana shouted over the music that was blaring out the nearby radio that Diana was singing to earlier, Kara grinned as she picked up her glasses from the bedside table and slipped them on so the world wasn't blurry anymore, she was practically blind without her glasses, she joked that, that explained the reason for her strong sense of smell. Diana handed a plate over to Kara that had a golden waffle sitting proud in the centre Kara licked her lips before taking a big bite, like she hadn't eaten for an eternity, Diana sat on her own bed eating away at her own. "So we have two hours exactly until we need to be at the football field to be sorted into teams for this orienteering thing" Diana pointed out, glancing up at the clock, Kara nodded, finishing her waffle already, Alex always said if she had a superpower it would be the ability to eat any kind of food in under three seconds and never get obese, which to think about it would be a power indeed!

"I think I'm going to see if I can find Lena" Kara paused brushing away the crumbs of the no longer waffle away from her pink lips, "you know just to tell her that I'm okay" Kara said casually, Diana raised her eyebrows nodding slowly, a small smile evident on her lips. Kara grabbed a Hufflepuff Hoodie and a pair of black skinny jeans of the floor next to her bed, before practically skipping into the bathroom to get changed. precisely two minutes later Kara emerged from the bathroom, she couldn't be bothered putting on any make up or even trying to attempt to do something with her tangled blonde hair. 

"So I'll just see you at the football field in two hours then?" Diana asked, still eating her waffle, she couldn't eat anywhere as fast as Kara, she doubted that anyone could. Kara slipped on her trainers grabbing her phone from her bedside table, luckily she had remembered to charge it last night something that she rarely did. 

"Yep, see you later!" Kara said cheerfully waving a goodbye to her roommate before walking out of their dorm room, shutting the door carefully behind her and skipping down the hallway, she didn't care about all the strange looks she was getting from the other strangers in the hall, she was happy, Kara wasn't even sure why but that didn't bother her. 

After walking up what felt like the millionth flight of stairs Kara reached the floor where all the science research labs were, she walked down the hallway, until she found the one with the sign 'L. Luthor' This must be it, Kara thought. She knocked loudly on the door before pushing the door ajar and walking in, Lena was sitting with her back to the door and now Kara who could see that she had her earphones in, she must haven't heard me knocking. Kara cleared her throat but again there was no response from Lena. She walked up to where the brunette sat and gently tapped her shoulder, Lena practically jumped out her skin, she spun round fists ready to hit whatever or whoever just disturbed her flow, as soon as she realised it was Kara she lowered her once defensive fists, the blonde was trying to stifle a laugh, but she couldn't help it when a little chuckle escaped her, making the brunette frown, wow that's an adorable crinkle , Kara was taken a back by her own thoughts, she shook it of almost immediately, it didn't mean anything. 

"So whatcha up to?" Kara asked a big grin on her face as she pushed her glasses further up her face, her nervousness was starting to show. Lena rolled her eyes letting her frown dissipate from her face long enough to show Kara that she wasn't annoyed. 

"I'm just working through these quantum equations" Lena said, putting down her pencil on the desk, Kara raised an eyebrow as she glanced down at the pages and pages of numbers that made absolutely no sense, to her anyway. 

"What are they for?" Kara asked curiously, she wanted to know everything about the brunette, her likes, her dislikes, hobbies, everything, Lena contemplated her answer for a few seconds, how could she explain something that she barley understood herself? 

"Its used in Quantum mechanics to describe the changes over time of a physical system in which quantum effects, like wave-particle duality." Lena said, proud of her own explanation, Kara's mouth hung open, a bemused look plastered across her face, how can someone be so beautiful and intelligent?  Kara took a deep breath trying to reattain at least some of her charisma, snap out of it Danvers, by do I need to find a boyfriend! Kara thought as her subconsciousness started running circles around her. 

"Well I have no idea what any of that means but wow" Kara said heavily, letting her eyes wander Lena's figure for a little bit to long, which of course had a particularly good answer, Kara had read an article that said straight girls check each other out all the time, that put the blondes mind to rest, for now. Lena smiled, dipping her head towards the ground slightly in a thank you, she never quite knew how to deal with compliments, they were never thrown her way to often. 

"Anyway I have this orienteering thing to get to, do you want to come I'm sure they won't mind a late comer especially one as smart as you!" Kara grinned, Lena's cheeks started to glow a light pink colour, what was it with this blonde? 

"Sorry but I really have to finish up here" Lena said, not able to look Kara in the eyes, she hated disappointing people, but apparently she had been doing it her whole life, so why stop now right?   

"Alright, Next time?" Kara said, the grin fading from her face and instead it was replaced by a sad smile. 

"Next time" Lena agreed as Kara smiled one last time before leaving the lab, she sighed heavily cursing herself, what is wrong with me?  She couldn't help but feel deflated after Lena declined her invitation, Kara shook her head, she only had fifteen minuted to get to the football field on time, she could really use some super speed right now. 

Kara ran to where she saw Diana in the crowd of people on the football field, where in the centre of the crowd there was a man on a podium shouting out peoples names. 

"Have I missed anything?" Kara asked breathing heavily, she could feel herself beginning to get a stitch. 

"No they haven't called our names yet" Diana replied, Kara nodded trying to catch her breath. 

"Okay, now for Team Eleven!" The man on the podium shouted through his microphone as there was a big cheer from the crowd. "We have, Diana Prince!" He shouted, Diana squeezed Kara's arm before walking towards the podium. "Kara Danvers!" He shouted again and Kara followed Diana towards the podium where she gathered they would be introduced to there other team members. "Harleen Quinzel!" The man shouted again, Kara spotted a small blonde walking towards them, she gathered that must be her. "Natasha Romanoff!" The man finally shouted as a red head, equally small woman walked up to the podium, "And thats Team Eleven complete so onto Team Twelve!" The man continued shouting out all the other teams, as everyone begun to get acquainted, what a night this would turn out to be. 

Authors Note: 

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you so much for all the reads, votes and comments it means a lot.