Scott

You stood in the vet clinic, anxiously looking down at your sister while she was lying on the cold metal exam table

  You stood in the vet clinic, anxiously looking down at your sister while she was lying on the cold metal exam table. She had fallen asleep a few minutes ago, but you wouldn't exactly have called it a peaceful sleep. Her body was wracked with painful shivers and you could hear her whimpering despite her being unconscious. You knew she was having nightmares, but there was nothing you could do but hold her hand at the moment.
Hayden was your younger sister, and it had always been just you, her and your older sister, Val. You had always swore you would protect each other, but right now you were feeling too helpless to protect much of anything. You knew about the werewolves and the chimeras, but that was about as far as your knowledge went. You had no idea how to help your sister and you were the most scared you had ever been in your life.
Another painful whimper escaped Hayden's lips, and you reached out with your free hand to brush a damp curl from her face. You looked across the table at Liam, who was looking down at Hayden in fear.
"Do it again," you ordered, instructing him to take her pain.
He nodded and grabbed a hold of her hand, watching her veins turn black as she finally got some peace. You took the moment to slide your hand out of hers, but you knew it wouldn't last. The pain would come back in a matter of minutes, and you needed to find Scott as soon as possible.
"Where are you going?" Liam asked nervously.
"To find Scott," you told him. "He should be here any minute."
You walked out of the exam room and over to the door, anxiously peering out into the dark parking lot. You pushed open the door to head outside to wait, only to almost run right into Scott.
"Woah, sorry," he told you, having not even been looking in his haste to get inside. "How's Hayden?"
"Worse," you told him nervously, stepping back to let him inside. "Scott, you have to bite her. You have to do it now or she'll die."
"Y/n," Scott said softly, reaching out to grab your shaking hands. "You don't know what it could do. It could kill her."
"She's already dying," you told him frantically. "Scott, please she'll die anyway. You know that!"
Scott bit the inside of his cheek, and you could tell by his devastated brown eyes that he was struggling with his decision. "I can't bite someone, Y/n."
"But you bit Liam," you protested.
"To save his life," Scott continued.
"And you can do it to save Hayden's!"
"But I didn't have another choice with Liam," Scott insisted. "Y/n, you know I love you but..."
"I can't lose her too, Scott," you whispered, your voice so soft and broken that Scott felt genuine fear run through him.
"You don't understand," you continued. "We spent most of our lives in and out of foster care. It was a miracle we never got separated, and then Hayden had all these problems with her kidney and-and when Val finally turned eighteen we couldn't believe we were getting a second chance to be happy. We promised we would protect each other, Scott. I'm her big sister and I'm supposed to protect her, but-but I can't even do anything!"
Scott's eyes widened as your voice took on a hysterical tone, and he could tell you were terrified. He let go of your hands and reached up, gently cupping your face and pressing his lips against yours. You froze, tears still slipping down your cheeks as Scott gently ran a thumb over your cheekbone. You wrapped your arms around him, melting against him and forgetting the rest of the world for one single second.
You wanted to keep kissing him, but you knew you couldn't avoid your problems forever, so you pulled away. Scott let go of your face, his hands going back to mingle with yours.
"What was that for?" you asked quietly.
"I won't let her die," Scott promised. "One way or another, she's going to make it."
You nodded, taking a deep, shaky breath. "What are you going to do?"
"Call my mom," Scott told you. "If anyone knows how to save Hayden, it's her."
"And if it doesn't work?" you asked.
Scott sighed. "Then I'll bite her."
"Thank you," you whispered again.
Scott nodded, reaching up to wipe your wet cheeks. You wrapped your arms around him, burying your face in his shirt as you thought about how glad you were to have met him. One of his hands came up to smooth down your hair, and despite your doubt, you felt like maybe you would be able to save your sister after all.