Isaac

You opened up your locker, shoving your algebra textbook into it with a happy sigh

You opened up your locker, shoving your algebra textbook into it with a happy sigh. At least you wouldn't have to pick it up again till tomorrow.
Lydia leaned against the locker next to yours, blatantly ignoring the poor freshman girl who was too shy to ask her to move so she could get to her things. Lydia scrolled through her phone, showing you seemingly infinite amounts of photos of dresses she was deciding on for the winter formal.
"Now, this one I'm not sure about, but I think it would look amazing on you," she told you.
"Woah," you said as you looked down at the dress, which was strapless and blue with a fluffy knee length skirt. "That's beautiful."
"And it's all yours if you want it," she said to you in a sing song voice.
"Wait, you have this?" you asked.
"Of course," Lydia told you. "I have all of the ones I showed you."
"Lydia you showed me like fifty dresses!"
"And?" she asked, raising her eyebrows at you.
You rolled your eyes. "Whatever. It doesn't matter because I'm not going anyway."
"Excuse me?" Lydia asked you. "You must be crazy if you think I'm going to let you sit at home while we all have fun."
"I don't understand why you even want to go," you protested. "I mean, you nearly died last time you went to a dance."
"Exactly," she told you. "I don't want my only memory of a winter formal to be nearly getting ripped apart by a psychopath. This year is going to be different."
"Well I wont be there to find out," you said. "I wouldn't even have a date."
"So ask someone," Lydia suggested.
"Me?" you repeated. "Me ask someone?"
Lydia rolled her eyes with a huff, crossing her arms over her chest and peering down the hall. You weren't the most outgoing person, but she knew you would have no trouble finding a date. The problem was finding someone you actually liked, but as she caught sight of someone down the hall, she had the perfect solution.
"What about Isaac?" Lydia asked with a smile.
"Lydia," you complained, a blush quickly creeping onto your cheeks. "We're just friends."
"But you want to be something more," Lydia announced.
"Lydia," you complained through gritted teeth. "He's coming this way."
"So what?" she asked. "I'll scream it to the world if that's what it takes for you two to get together."
You made a noise of protest, anxiously peering down the hall and meeting Isaac's eyes by pure accident. You were sure he had heard you, but he simply sent you a bright smile from down the hall. Your shoulders relaxed and you looked back at Lydia, only to find her staring at you with a sly smile.
"Please, Lydia," you begged. "Don't do anything stupid for me. We don't have time to go to some stupid dance anyways, not with a whole pack of alphas running around."
"You're no fun," Lydia told you, her lips forming into a perfect pout. "But I'm going to get you and Isaac together one way or another."
You huffed, slamming your locker in protest. "No way-"
"MS. Y/L/N!" someone yelled, causing you to nearly jump out of your own skin.
You and Lydia both looked over to see Mr. Harris poking his head out of his chemistry classroom. His beady eyes landed on you, and you swore you saw your life flash before your eyes.
"This is a school building, not a rock concert," he spat. "Now I suggest you stop slamming things before you get a week of detention instead of just one day. See you after school."
You blinked, frozen in shock as Harris stalked back into his classroom. "Did he just give me detention?"
Lydia sighed. "Yep. Your first one too. We should throw you a party."
You rolled your eyes, opening your mouth to let out some snarky retort when Isaac walked up to you.
"Yikes," he remarked. "Harris, right?"
"How has he not gotten fired yet?" Lydia wondered aloud.
"Lydia I don't know if you've noticed, but there are like three teachers in this school," you told her. "They couldn't afford to lose Harris, even if he probably is a serial killer."
"You've got that right," Isaac told you. "At least you won't have to brave detention alone."
"You got detention too?" you asked Isaac.
"Fighting," he told you with a shrug.
"Twins?"
"Yep."
"Well at least you'll have Isaac," Lydia remarked, flashing you a knowing smile.
You shot her a look, hoping Isaac wouldn't see and considering the fact that this was going to be a very long day.