Derek

"

  "...two idiots don't even know what we're dealing with," you heard a voice saying as you walked through your front door.
"Uh, hey, we're not idiots!" a high pitched voice exclaimed. "In case you hadn't noticed, we were the ones who figured out it was Peter killing everyone and about the kanima! Oh and by the way, I totally called Matt from the start!"
Your brow furrowed as you walked into the living room, a duffel bag slung over your shoulder. Your boots thumped on the wooden floor as you crossed through the threshold, taking in Scott and Stiles standing in front of someone with their back turned to you.
"Kanima?" you repeated with raised eyebrows. "What the hell is a kanima?"
"Y/n!" Scott exclaimed, his eyes going wide as he took you in. "You weren't supposed to be back till next week!"
He crossed the room in about three long strides, and you immediately took in how much he had grown in only a year. Scott may have been your little brother, but he certainly wasn't little any more. He wrapped his arms around you, nearly crushing you a hug.
"I wanted to surprise you and mom," you told him with a laugh as you patted his back. "I've missed you both so much."
"Wow, Y/n, same to you," Stiles remarked from across the room. "Glad to see you haven't forgotten about me."
"Oh yeah," you joked. "How could I have forgotten? It's Biles right? Biles Bilinski?"
"You told her about that?!" Stiles exclaimed, sending a sharp look Scott's way.
"Oh he tells me everything. How's Lydiaaaa?" you asked in a singsong voice.
Stiles groaned and you laughed. "Get over here, Stiles, I'm just messing with you."
He came over and you wrapped your arms around him, ruffling his hair. That was when you noticed the other guy had turned around, and now you could see his face.
"Oh my god, Derek?!" you exclaimed, your eyes going wide.
"Wait, you two know each other?" Scott asked, looking from you to Derek.
"Of course," you told him. "We were best friends in high school."
Derek, who had been watching you since the moment you stepped into the room, beamed at you. You looked older since the last time he had seen you, but your beauty hadn't faded one bit. You had always had the ability to pull off anything, and you looked gorgeous in your simple jeans and tshirt.
Stiles and Scott looked at each other, and then back to you and Derek. They watched as he crossed the room in about two seconds, bringing you into his arms in a tight hug. Stiles' eyes widened as he took in Derek's face, and he turned to Scott.
"Is he smiling?" he asked. "Scott, did you just see that? He smiled!"
"Shut up, Stiles," Derek growled, his eyes flashing red while he was still hugging you.
Derek's arms wrapped around your waist as you buried your face in his shoulder. One of his hands rested on the small of your back, and he couldn't ignore how good it felt to have you in his arms.
"Wait, why are you hanging out with my brother?" you asked Derek, pulling away slightly.
"I don't know if Scott told you everything-"
Derek looked up to see Scott and Stiles frantically shaking their heads 'no' at him. Derek's brow furrowed, and you turned around to see Scott and Stiles freezing like deer caught in headlights.
"-but Scott was bitten," Derek finished. "I've been teaching him some things, but I have to say he's taught me some too."
You blinked, looking over at Scott in shock. "What?"
"Uh, bitten," Scott said. "He means-"
"By mosquitoes," Stiles finished. "Really bad too. And with Derek living outside in that burned out house for so long, he had a really good recipe for some mosquito bite stuff."
You gaped at Stiles story, finding it almost painful to listen too. You almost wanted to act like you believed it, just to see how far he could take it. Leave it to Stiles to come up with that kind of an explanation.
Derek narrowed his eyes at Stiles, and you could tell that if you weren't there he probably would have tried to throw him into the wall.
"Guys," you said with a laugh. "I know about werewolves."
"What?" Scott demanded, his eyes going wide.
"I've known since high school," you explained. "I told you I was Derek's best friend and that kind of thing is pretty hard to hide."
"Tell me about it," Stiles said. "You should have seen Scott on his first full moon. Nearly put his fist through a wall...and my head."
"And you never told me?" you asked, looking over at your brother.
"I didn't know how you'd take it," he admitted. "But I'm glad you know now."
You nodded, turning back to Derek. "So, please tell me you have some other friends besides two seventeen year old boys."
Derek rolled his eyes, and you grinned. "Oh my god, seriously?"
"I haven't had a lot of time to socialize considering I've been saving the town from its own destruction."
"More like you've been trying to save yourself," Stiles said with a scoff.
"Maybe I wouldn't have to if you two didn't have to draw the attention of every single supernatural creature in this town," Derek countered.
"Alright, alright," you said with a roll of your eyes. "Why don't we do something fun for once? Scott and Stiles, you're invited if you can keep your mouths shut."

Ten minutes later, you were curled up on the couch with Derek by your side, watching Silver Linings Playbook. Scott and Stiles were at the other end of the couch, eyes flicking between you and Derek every few seconds. Suddenly Derek wrapped an arm around your shoulders, and Scott nearly fell off the couch.
"Dude!" Stiles hissed, hitting his friend in the shoulder. "Did you see that?"
"Stiles," Derek said, without taking his eyes off of the TV. "We are right next to you."
Stiles huffed, and rolled his eyes at Scott, who was eyeing Derek suspiciously. "He's got his arm around my sister."
"Again," you said. "Right next to you."
"Whatever," Stiles muttered, crossing him arms over his chest.
"You could always leave," Derek suggested.
Stiles scoffed. "And leave you alone, with Y/n? No way. You'd probably rip her throat out with your teeth."
"I could rip your throat out," Derek offered, finally looking over at him with stone cold eyes.
Stiles swallowed, nearly falling into Scott as he tried to move away from Derek. "M-maybe we should just go, Scotty."
"Wow what a great idea, Stiles," you told him. "I'll see you both later."
Scott rolled his eyes, standing up from the couch and dragging Stiles with him. The minute they were gone, Derek turned to you, a grin breaking out across his face. You smiled, reaching forward to snatch part of his shirt and bring his lips onto yours.
He leaned into you, his arms snaking around your waist and bringing you closer to him. You closed your eyes, your fingers roaming up to tangle in his hair when you heard a muffled voice yell "Get a room!"
Your eyes flew open, and you looked over to see Scott and Stiles standing outside the living room window. You rolled your eyes, grabbing a pillow from the couch and pitching it toward the window.
"Bite me!" you called.
"I thought only Derek got to do that!" Stiles called.
"Oh trust me, he will!" you yelled, and you grinned at the chorus of "ew"s coming from outside.
Derek chuckled, reaching out to snag your waist and pull you back towards him. "Did you mean that?"
You grinned at him. "Wanna find out?"