Brett

You sat on the edge of your bed, staring at the crumpled piece of paper in your hands

You sat on the edge of your bed, staring at the crumpled piece of paper in your hands. You felt like you were staring at your own death warrant, which you practically were since the paper in your hands was a supernatural hit list. The stark black numbers glared up at you, letting you know you were worth seven million dollars, and you fought the urge to panic.
You were one of the more pricey options on the list, and you knew that much money was enough to kill for. Hell, assassins had taken out others on the list for far less, and you were certain they would have no problems killing you.
You jumped as you felt a hand gently land on your shoulder, but you quickly realized it was only your best friend Kira.
"Sorry," she apologized, giving you a soft smile as she sat down on the bed next to you. "Any ideas yet?"
"No," you whispered, looking back down at the list in your hand.
Not only had you recently learned that you were on the deadpool, you had also learned you were some kind of supernatural creature. Before the list had been distributed, you had had no idea you weren't human. But now it appeared you were something a lot more monstrous, and you had no idea what you were.
"Did you ask your dad about your mom?" Kira asked.
You nodded. "But he didn't know much about who she really was at all. She stuck around long enough to have me and then she disappeared. I never even knew who she was."
Kira sighed, her shoulders slumping as she placed her chin in her hand. A sharp ping cut through the quiet of your room, and Kira pulled out her phone, grimacing as she checked the text.
"The second part of the list is out," she told you grimly.
"And?" you asked.
"And Brett's on it," she told you with a frown.
You sighed, rubbing your tired eyes and fighting the urge to cry. Before moving to Beacon Hills a year ago, you had never expected that you would ever be a supernatural creature, let alone end up on a hit list of them. But ever since you had gotten there, everything seemed to be going to hell and you would be lying if you said you weren't a little stressed.
"Have you told Brett you're on the list?" Kira asked gently.
You closed your eyes, pinching the bridge of your nose in frustration. "How the hell am I supposed to tell him I'm some kind of monster? I just learned about this yesterday."
"Just come out and say it?"
You shot her a look and she shrugged. "He's gonna find out eventually."
As if on cue, someone began to bang on your front door. You walked to the top of the stairs, only to hear someone frantically calling your name.
"I think he already has," you told Kira with a sigh.
You jogged down the stairs, only to open your front door to a terrified looking Brett. He took you in, now sure that you were very much alive, and immediately stepped inside your house to pull you into a bone-crushing hug.
Satomi's beta had been trying to call you all afternoon, right after he had gotten access to the first part of the list. When he realized you were on it, panic had immediately ripped through him and grabbed onto his heart like an icy claw, and it hadn't gone away until now.
You wrapped your arms around him, swallowing nervously as you realized how desperate the hug was. Brett pulled away, grabbing your face in his hands just to double check that you were safe and unharmed.
"Why the hell haven't you been answering your phone?" he cried.
"I was a little preoccupied," you murmured.
"Y/n, you're on a hit list for seven million dollars. You don't think I wanna know you're alive?" he asked incredulously.
"I didn't know how tell you," you admitted. "I was afraid I would scare you away."
"Y/n, my eyes glow yellow and I can sprout fangs and claws," Brett reminded you. "There is nothing you could do to scare me away."
You nodded. "I'm sorry."
"Look, we need to make sure-"
Suddenly a shrill ringing cut through the air, and Kira pulled her phone out of her pocket. "Yeah?...Are you sure?...Okay we'll be there."
"Who was that?" Brett asked.
"Scott," Kira told you. "Liam's hellbent on going to this bonfire, and he thinks Malia is going to be there too. He wants us all together if something happens."
"But if we're all in one place won't that just make it easier for us to kill?" you pointed out.
Kira frowned. "You're right."
"But if we're by ourselves that means we're on our own against anyone trying to kill us," Brett said. "We're safer together."
"That's what Scott said," Kira explained. "He's got a point, Y/n."
"Fine," you told Brett, intertwining your fingers with his. "But if someone kills me I'm coming back to haunt both of you."