Derek

You stood outside the gates of Oak Creek, your breath billowing out in front of you in the cold

You stood outside the gates of Oak Creek, your breath billowing out in front of you in the cold. Your phone was pressed tightly to your ear, and you were muttering under your breath as the persistent ring hit your hears.
"Come on, Sourwolf, pick up," you willed.
You sighed, running a hand through your hair and suddenly wondering why you were calling Derek. It wasn't like you were together, but it the past few months you had become pretty close. You had initially hated each other, and everyone assumed it was only natural because you were an Argent and he was a Hale. But after the events of your mother's death and the fact that you were forced to band together for Scott, you both realized you had quite a bit in common.
It also helped that you were the only two adults in what Scott liked to call the pack, and you had quickly become close friends. But while you kept that label, it had always seemed like there was something brewing under the surface of your friendship. So many people had commented on it, but you and Derek always denied it.
You hadn't been sure why you had decided to call him at that moment, but maybe your unrequited feelings had more than a little something to do with that.
"Hello?" a gruff voice asked, causing you to breathe a sigh of relief.
"Hey," you breathed.
"What's wrong?" Derek immediately asked, having grown so accustomed to picking up the phone to hell and chaos.
"Nothing," you told him. "But Scott found Lydia. He found her and we're going to get her out of Oak Creek right now."
"The internment camp?" Derek asked. "I can be there-"
"There's no time," you cut him off. "We're already here. I just...I wanted to call you in case something happened."
"How many of you are there?"
"Allison, Scott, Stiles, Isaac, Kira and me."
"Stiles? Stiles can't even fight," Derek protested.
"He'll go find Lydia. Even without him there's enough of us."
"No there's not!" Derek protested. "Are you crazy, Argent? We've all taken on the nogitsune, and it's nearly killed us every time. Wait for me."
"We can't," you insisted. "Derek, there's no time. You know that."
Derek was silent, and you could imagine him gritting his teeth in the silence of his loft. He let out a sigh, swallowing thickly as he spoke again.
"You need to be careful," he told you.
"Come on, Derek. I'm always careful."
"No you're not," Derek growled. "You're reckless, Argent. You never slow down and you don't stop and think. It's going to get you killed one-"
"Y/n, are you ready?" Stiles called.
You shot a look over your shoulder, holding one finger up to the lanky boy and sighing. "I have to go. I'll be fine okay. I'll come to the loft after this is all over and we can get Chinese and watch Netflix."
"Argent, wait-" he said.
"I have to go, Derek. I can't-"
"Y/n!" he snapped, cutting you off.
You blinked, realizing that that was one of the only times Derek had used your first name. He called you Argent 99% of the time, and when he used your first name that was when you knew things were serious.
"Yeah?" you asked softly.
"Just be careful," Derek begged. "You're one of my best friends, Y/n. I can't lose you too."
You nodded, even though you knew he couldn't see you. "I will. I promise."
"Good," he told you.
"Bye," you whispered.
"See you tomorrow?"
"Definitely," you told him, pulling the phone away from your ear and hitting the end call button.
You stuffed your phone into your pocket, pulling out one of your knives and walking over to where the rest of the pack was waiting.
"You talked to Derek?" Allison asked.
You nodded. "You talked to Dad?"
She nodded. "He wanted us to wait but-"
"I know," you cut her off. "There's no time."
"Everyone ready?" Scott asked, looking around the circle. "We've been here before guys. We did this just a few weeks ago for Malia. This is Lydia we're talking about. We're going to get her out safe and sound, okay?"
Everyone nodded, and you looked over at Allison. She gave you a soft smile, but you could tell she was scared. You wrapped an arm around her shoulders, giving them a tight squeeze.
"You'd be stupid if you weren't afraid," you whispered to her. "It doesn't make you weak."
She nodded. "I know."
"Let's do this," Scott announced, walking forward a pushing open the rusty metal gate.
It gave one painful creak as it swung to the side, and a sick feeling started to bloom inside your gut. You didn't know what it was, but it made you feel like you were going to lose someone tonight. You looked over at your sister, vowing you would do anything it took to protect her.