Scott

"What's a nucleotide?" you asked, looking down at your biology textbook

Scott leaned forward, trying to peer at the book in your hands, but you picked it up before he catch a peek. He groaned, flopping back down on his bed as you picked at his comforter.
"We've been at this for an hour," he complained.
"And yet you still can't tell me what a nucleotide is," you remarked.
Scott shot you a look. "It's one of the components of DNA. Now can we please stop studying?"
"I don't wanna fail," you said sullenly. "I bombed my last test. I have to do good on this one or I'm going to fail senior year."
"Maybe not the whole year," Scott told you. "But you don't have to worry. You've got this stuff down. It's me we should be worrying about."
"Exactly," you told him. "We both need it."
Scott groaned. "What we need is a break."
"You can take a break," you told him, flipping to the next chapter in your textbook. "I'm going to study."
Scott sighed, noticing how tense you were. Your shoulders were taut with worry, and he couldn't help but notice the nervous way you bit your lip as you read through something you didn't understand. It wasn't just him who needed a break, in fact, you probably needed it more.
With finals coming up, you had been stressed out of your mind, and Scott was intent on helping you. He smiled as an idea formed in his head, hopping off of his bed and standing in front of you.
You paid no attention to your boyfriend, assuming he was going to get a snack or something. But then a piece of fabric suddenly hit your face, and you realized he had just thrown his shirt at you. You blinked, grabbing the shirt off your face and raising your eyebrows at him. "Seriously?"
Scott stood there in front of you, shirtless and grinning from ear to ear. "You need a distraction."
"Is this supposed to distract me?" you asked, trying to hide the smile on your face.
Scott frowned. "This isn't turning you on right now?"
"Scott, I'm drowning in homework and responsibility," you informed him. "Chris Evans couldn't turn me on right now."
"Well I'm your boyfriend and I'm pretty sure you'd rather watch me take my shirt off than study genetics," he told you.
You tilted your head and pursed your lips, pretending to think about it. "I don't know. I think I'd rather watch Chris Evans take his shirt off."
Scott raised his eyebrows. "How about now?"
In an instant, he was reaching down and unbuckling his belt. His pants pooled at his ankles, and he grinned as he heard you swallow thickly. He could practically feel the heat flushing up your cheeks, and it had nothing to do with embarrassment.
"Ha!" he cried. "I knew i-"
He blinked as he suddenly heard a noise outside his bedroom door, and before he could make a move, his mother was pushing open his bedroom door.
"Hey, Scott-HOLY MARY MOTHER OF GOD!" she cried, looking down at Scott's bare legs.
"Mom!" Scott yelped, his face growing bright red as he quickly pulled up his pants.
He stumbled a little bit, catching his feet in the fabric as he stared at Melissa, mortified. "You-you weren't supposed to be home for another hour!"
"Yeah, well I got off early!" she cried, looking away from him painfully. "Clearly that was a big mistake!"
You swallowed, not knowing whether to be embarrassed or to laugh as you looked from Scott to his mom.
"We were uh, we were just studying," Scott tried.
"Studying?" Melissa repeated. "Studying what? Anatomy?"
"Mom!" Scott complained.
You couldn't suppress the laugh that left your lips, and Melissa suddenly looked over to you. Melissa loved you, and she couldn't be happier that you and Scott were together. But just because she liked you didn't mean that she was going to shuck off her parenting responsibilities.
"Don't look at me," you told her innocently, throwing your hands up. "I was trying to study."
Melissa looked back at Scott, then to you, then back to Scott. "Somehow that doesn't surprise me," she said.
She sighed, shooting Scott one last warning look. "Well, I'm going to be downstairs, where I'll be able to hear everything. You two should probably get back to studying."
She put emphasis on this last word, then shot a smile towards you. "Nice to see you, Y/n."
"You too," you told her with a smile as she backed out of the room.
As soon as she was gone, you burst out laughing, looking over at Scott. He shot you a pained look. "I can't believe my mom walked in on that."
"It could have been worse," you told him with a shrug. "We could have been having sex."
"I heard that!" a voice yelled from down the hall, causing both you and Scott to jump.
You swallowed. "Maybe we should just go back to studying."
Scott nodded eagerly, sitting down on his bed and pulling the textbook away from you. You smiled, looking up at him.
"One thing's for sure though," you remarked. "I'm not tense any more."
Scott rolled his eyes, playfully shoving you as you grinned at him.
"Okay," he said, taking care to keep the textbook away from your eyes. "What's a nucleotide?"