Did You Miss Me?

Alison had been pacing around CeCe's apartment for the past hour, in anticipation of being reunited with her best friends

Alison had been pacing around CeCe's apartment for the past hour, in anticipation of being reunited with her best friends.  Would they accept her? She wouldn't blame them if they hated her for making them believe she was dead for the past two years.  More than anything, she wanted them to believe that she was not the same Ali that they remembered.  She knows that she was a terrible person to her friends, but she wanted them to know just how much she regretted it. She found herself glancing at the clock for the sixth time, it's still 7:52pm.  The girls should be here any minute, Emily should be here any minute.  Alison is nervous to see her friends again, but she is also nervous to convince them that what she feels for Emily is real.  Emily is the type of person who cares what her friends think, so what if they disapprove of her being with Ali?  Would Emily take back everything she said and leave?  After pacing around the living room to the point of wearing a path in the rug, she finally hears a knock at the door.

Emily's POV

This is it, we're going to finally be reunited with Ali. I haven't told the girls about what happened between Ali and I at the warehouse and I feel a little guilty about it. When Spencer asked what we talked about, I had to put my foot down and say that I wanted to keep that between us. I could tell that the girls were nervous, how could they not be?  For the past two years we believed our best friend to be dead.  As I pull the car up to CeCe's apartment, I feel like I need to say something to the girls, "Guys, please give Ali a chance to explain before you write her off.  She's been on her own for so long, she's probably just as scared as you are to see her again." Hanna gives me a look like she knows that something else is going on between me and Ali, she always has a way of knowing things.  She looks at me and says, "Em, we'll let her explain but is there something going on between the two of you?  I mean, you were in love with her, how are you feeling now?  Do you still having feelings for her?"  I knew I wouldn't be able to get anything past Hanna, but I can't seem to bring myself to tell her that of course I'm still in love with Ali and Ali is actually in love with me too.  I decide to work my way around the situation, "It's complicated Han. Let's just go inside, I'm sure she's waiting."  She looks at me with questioning eyes, which she has every right to, but she'll find out soon enough.  The four of us exit the car and make our way up the brownstone steps to CeCe's apartment. I take a deep breath, and knock.  I can't wait to see her.

Alison's POV

I hesitate for a moment and realize that my hand is shaking as I reach for the doorknob.  I take a deep breath and open the door.  I forgot how much I missed them while I was away.  They all look so different from the days when we were so carefree.  Spencer has ditched the field hockey skirts and preppy sweaters for a more political wardrobe.  She looks every bit the part of a future senator.  Aria no longer has a pink stripe in her hair, but her clothes are just as bright and funky as ever. Hanna has changed the most out of the three and I can't help but think that part of it is my fault.  She dresses a little bit like me, fitting the part of the "it" girl. She is no longer Hefty Hanna that I spent so much time teasing.  Finally, there's Emily...my sweet Emily. It's only been a week since I last saw her and I find myself staring at how beautiful she is.  She can dress in the most simplistic outfit and still turn heads.