Welcome Home

The five girls pile into Spencer's car and make their way back to Rosewood

The five girls pile into Spencer's car and make their way back to Rosewood. Ali and Emily sit in the back with Hanna, but aren't really paying attention to anyone but each other. Alison finds herself reaching for Emily because she misses the contact. Hanna watches the exchange between the two and can't help but smile. Things were about to change in Rosewood...

Alison's POV

As we pass the "Welcome to Rosewood" sign, my heart begins to race. The last time I was here was to check in on Emily. I remember watching her with Paige and cringing at the fact that she chose Pigskin to be with. But, I had the time to think about it, and looking back, Paige made Emily happy. Paige protected Emily when I couldn't and always made sure she was taken care of, so putting our differences aside, I have to thank her. Spencer pulls into the Rosewood PD parking lot and I take a deep breath, knowing my entire world is about to change. I climb out of the backseat and make my way towards the double doors when I feel a hand slide into mine. I look up and see Emily smiling, "Ali, it's going to be ok. We're here for you, just tell them the truth." I squeeze her hand and walk into the police station. I walk up to the reception desk and greet the officer, "Hi, my name is Alison DiLaurentis. I believe you've been looking for me. I'd like to speak with Detective Tanner." The officer looks at me like she's seen a ghost, which, technically she has... considering I was considered dead as of two minutes ago. "Of course, let me go get her," the officer says and makes her way to the back. I take a seat in the lobby with the girls and try to wrap my head around how I am going to explain A to Detective Tanner.

DT: Hello Alison, I'm Detective Tanner. First off, welcome home. I heard you wanted to talk to me about a few things.

I stand up from the lobby chair, letting go of Emily's hand and make my way towards Detective Tanner's office. I take my seat across from Detective Tanner and take a breath. Well... here goes nothing...

A: Yes, I wanted to tell you why I disappeared two years ago.

DT: Ok, please...continue.

A: Two years ago, I started receiving threatening text messages from a person who identified themselves as "A". At first, I thought it was someone in my class just trying to mess with me but, as time went on, the texts started to get more and more violent. They started to threaten the people I love. The night that I went missing, I had received a text message stating that "tonight is the night I kill you." I wanted to rule my friends out of the equation so, I ground up one of my mom's sleeping pills and slipped it into their drinks. I knew that if I stopped receiving messages while they were asleep, that A was one of them.

DT: So let me get this straight, you were receiving text messages from an unknown source that were threatening towards yourself and those you love. Now, you thought this person could be one of your best friends? Why would you think that?

A: I was a different person back then, I didn't trust anyone. Well, one person, but I still had to make sure it wasn't her. I tormented a lot of people back then, I was a terrible person. It honestly could have been anyone.

DT: Ok, please continue.

A: While the girls were sleeping, I stopped receiving text messages. My heart was broken because I thought that one my best friends wanted to see me dead. I decided to get some air, but little did I know, Spencer was still awake and had followed me out. Spencer had a problem with amphetamines back then which is why the sleeping pill didn't work. We got into an argument, but ultimately Spencer went back to the barn and eventually fell asleep. I had made my way back to my own front yard, with the intention of putting my mother's pill bottle back before she noticed. My mother had seen me from the window and looked angrier than I had ever seen her. While I was facing the front of my house, someone had come up behind me and hit me from behind. The next thing I knew, I was laying in hole with my mother throwing dirt one me while yelling "what have you done!"

Tears begin to pool in my eyes as I recount that night. I still have no idea why my mother would bury me alive or who she was talking to.

DT: If you need to stop, please let me know.

A: No, it's ok... I need to get this out. I wanted so badly to scream "look at me! can't you see me?" but I was still groggy from being hit. I became so weak that I passed out. I remember beginning to feel as though I was choking, and when I opened my eyes I was surrounded by dirt. I began to claw my way out and finally reached my hand to the open sky only to be met with someone pulling me out. There is a woman who lives in Ravenswood, named Mrs. Grundwald... she's who pulled me out. I'm still not sure as to why she was in Rosewood but I will forever be grateful to her. She took me to the hospital to get my head checked out but I got so scared that I took off before the doctor could see me.

DT: So, Mrs. Grundwald took you to the hospital to seek medical attention and that's when you decided to run?

A: Yes, I was afraid that whoever was after me, followed me. I had received a text message again from A stating that "You may have escaped me this time, but this isn't over." I had to get out of there. I had no doubt that my friends were still asleep, so it couldn't have been them. While I was walking, a car pulled up next to me and it ended up being Mona Vanderwaal. She took me to the Lost Woods Motel, fixed up the cut on my head, allowed me to rest, acquired a car for me and a disguise. From there, I stayed on the run for about six months before I started to miss my friends. I had to make sure that they were ok and that this person wasn't antagonizing them too. It turned out, they were. I decided to check in regularly on my friends and try to figure out who this person was. We still don't know who this person is and I've had to step in with my friends to help them in situations such as the fire at the lodge, which was A by the way, but risking my identity was worth it for them. About a week ago, I reached out to Emily and I decided that I want to come home. I regret what I did and know that it was wrong and I am now turning over all the information I have about A in hopes that you guys will be able to help us.

DT: Well, Miss DiLaurentis... that is quite a story. I have your statement and will follow up with you within the week. I will be needing your friends testimonies as well, but I think that is enough for tonight. We will keep in touch, you are free to go.

I stand up, shake her hand, and walk out of her office. I instantly feel a sense of relief... I did something I never would have done two years go, I told the truth. I walk back into the lobby and find my way back into Emily's arms. It's amazing when someone can make you feel so safe with such a simple act. As we pull away from each other, I look up and say "let's go home."