The First Time

Alison makes her way towards her locker to meet up with Emily as the last bell rings.  She can't help but notice how carefree Emily looks just talking to their friends; she can't remember the last time they all didn't jump the second they heard their phones ring and got to act like normal teenagers.  Granted, they didn't know if "A" was still around but for the time being, they would take advantage of enjoying their senior year.  As she nears her friends, she hears the sweetest sound she's ever heard, Emily laugh.  

Alison's POV

I make my way behind Emily and wrap my arms around her waist while setting my chin on her shoulder, "what's so funny?"  Emily turns around in my arms and places her hands around my neck, "just Hanna being Hanna.  Are you ready to head home?  You're still coming over to work on our English project right?"  Hanna chimes in with her impeccable comedic timing, "oh is that what the kids are calling getting freaky these days? 'Working on our English project'... hmm... I'll have to try that one next time.  We all know your English project is going to be the last thing you guys are doing.  Just tell her you want to go home and do the dirty Em, we all know that's what you're thinking by the shade of red you just turned."  I can't help but laugh, Emily's cheeks are definitely the shade of a tomato.  "Hanna, leave her alone.  You know some of us actually do our homework; it's not like Emily and I feel the need to jump each other's bones all the time."  Emily kisses my cheek at whispers a "thank you" for defending her.  Hanna doesn't buy the good girl act though, "suuuure guys.  We'll just talk about it tomorrow after you have finally done the deed. I'll know if you guys are lying too, Emily can't hide when she's embarrassed.  The more red she gets, the more I know she's lying.  Just be safe guys, don't want Pam Fields breaking up the romance.  I know if I were you Ali and Pam caught me deflowering her daughter, I would go missing all over again."  I can't help but laugh, Hanna does have a point.  If Em and I decide we want to take our relationship to the next level, and God knows I want to, I'll have to make sure Pam Fields is nowhere to be found.  "Alright guys, enough of the third degree.  Em, let's go, we can walk home,"  I intertwine mine and Emily's hands and wave goodbye to our friends.  As we make our way to Emily's, we're caught up in conversation about the latest gossip and how ridiculous our friends are.  We decide that we should have another sleepover this weekend with the girls since it feels like we still have so much more to catch up on.  When Emily's house comes into view, I find that my heart has begun to race because I truly don't know what is about to happen when we reach Emily's room.  Pam's car is missing from the driveway which makes me more nervous knowing that if we wanted to, we could "do the deed" as Hanna so eloquently put it.  I notice that Emily's hand has become clammy and I wonder if she is thinking the same thing that I am. 

Emily's POV

I know that I said that I wanted to work on our English project, but the truth is, I just wanted to be alone with Ali.  We spent all day at school and I feel like I barely got to spend any one on one time with her other than when I was walking her to class.  I wanted a chance to talk to her to make sure that she is adjusting okay to life back in Rosewood and that no one gave her any trouble by coming back.  I want to make sure that I can keep her safe so that she won't decide to run away again because God knows I don't think I would survive her leaving again.  As we get closer to my house I can see that my mom's car is missing from the driveway, she must be working late at the station.  I wasn't nervous to have Ali come over until Hanna started her teasing and mentioning the possibility of Ali and I taking our relationship a step further.  I mean, I've wanted Ali to be my first since I laid eyes on her, who wouldn't?  I nervously glance over at her to see if it's obvious how nervous I am as I open the door and walk into the house, she looks back at me and gives me that signature Alison smile that makes me weak in the knees.  "Do you want anything to drink? Or a snack?  I think we might have some blueberry muffins, I know those are your favorite," I say, trying to lessen the tension and not make it obvious that I just want to take her up to my room as soon as possible.  "I'm ok for now Em, should we go up to your room and start our project?", I can't help but notice the sarcastic tone she used to emphasis "our project".  God, I don't know what I was thinking inviting her over, I don't think I have ever been this nervous.