The Kissing Rock

The bell rings, signaling the end of French class for Emily and she is up and out of her seat so fast that she almost knocks over Mona

The bell rings, signaling the end of French class for Emily and she is up and out of her seat so fast that she almost knocks over Mona. Emily races down the hall to make sure she's in front of Alison's classroom before she gets out.

Emily's POV

By the time I get to Ali's classroom, I'm out of breath from running down the hall. I try my best to calm myself down before I see those blonde curls making their way out of the room.

"Hey beautiful," she says as she makes her way over to me and gives me a quick kiss. I can feel my cheeks flush at the sentiment as I answer, "Hey, how was class?"

We make our way towards our lockers and interlock our fingers as we walk down the hall. I still can't get over that I finally get to do this with Ali. "Class was boring, I can't help but be distracted all day," she says with a smirk playing on her lips.

"Oh yeah? And what has you distracted," I ask, already knowing the answer. "Well, I have this incredibly hot girlfriend that I can't stop thinking about," she says as we reach our lockers.

She turns to face me and places her hands around my neck, "You really don't understand what you do to me or how you make me feel just by existing. You are a constant distraction because I will never be able to get enough of you."

I can't help but melt into her, having Ali be so open and honest is all I ever wanted. I lean in and give her a sweet kiss before we grab our books for English. As we make our way to Mr. Fitz's class, hand in hand, I notice Paige glancing back at us with an angry look. I completely forgot that Paige was even in this class, I hope Ali didn't notice.

Alison's POV

As we're walking up to Mr. Fitz's classroom, I see Paige walk in before us and the look she just gave me and Emily could have killed us both. I look at Emily and I can see the worry lines on her forehead as she quickly glances down, trying to act as though she didn't see Paige. I know that they were together while I went missing, but actually seeing the two of them in the same room now is awkward. Emily has never mentioned why they broke up, only that they did right before I reached out to meet up at the warehouse. I'll ask her about it later, I don't wanna worry about Pigskin now. This is the only class that I have with all four girls, which is amazing. This is the first time today that it actually feels a little like it used to with my friends. I take my seat behind Aria, Emily behind Hanna, and Spencer of course has to sit at the front.

Mr. Fitz walks into the room and sets his coffee cup down, "Good Morning everyone. Alison, welcome back. Today we'll be starting our study of works by F. Scott Fitzgerald. He is personally, one of my favorites and I feel like you all will be able to connect to him a little bit more than the other works we've been reading. We're going to start with his first novel, This Side of Paradise. I will have you get into pairs and you all will report on something that you found interesting about the relationships that Amory Blaine has. Please look to the person next to you, because they will be your partner for this project over the next few weeks."