You're Stuck With Me

Today is the first day back to school for the girls, including Alison

Today is the first day back to school for the girls, including Alison. Alison has been sitting in front of her mirror for the past twenty minutes trying to convince herself that she's been through worse and that this is what she's wanted for two years, to have her life back.  She's been playing scenarios of how the day could go, over and over in her head.  They go from her and Emily becoming the power couple of Rosewood High to her hiding out in the bathroom because she can't handle having the roles reversed and her being the butt of everyone's jokes.

Alison's POV

"You can do this Ali, you've gone through much worse," I try to keep telling myself as I apply the final touches of makeup to my face.  I thought I was nervous just to come home but it turns out, this is so much worse.  I know that I said that I wanted nothing to change between me and Emily and that I would be proud to walk the halls with her,  but I don't know if I'll be able to handle the whispers behind my back.  Maybe Emily will be ok if I tell her I don't want everyone to know about us just yet, she'd understand.  I stand, fix my dress, grab my purse, and make my way towards the car.  My dad decided he wanted to drop me off today, I think he's just as nervous as I am.  

Emily's POV

"Guys, are we sure she'll even show?" Aria says as we stand at the front of the school waiting for Ali to arrive.  I can't deny that I have been thinking the same thing all morning.  By now, everyone at school knows that Alison is back and have formed a kind of mob in the front of the school just to get a glimpse of her.  I can hear the people around us whisper, "Do you think she's still a bitch?", "I wish she would've stayed dead, no one wants her here," and "I hope she got fat and ugly so she'll know what it feels like to be teased."  My heart breaks for her.  I know she was pretty terrible two years ago and that she said some awful things to people.  I mean, she used to call Lucas, Hermie.  My stomach is in knots but I feel like I need to be the positive one, for my own sake, "She'll be here, she has to be."  As if on cue, I see that beautiful head of blonde hair bouncing through the crowd and it's as if the world stopped and everyone disappeared.  A smile spreads across my face and I have to hold myself back from rushing towards her; God I missed her and it's only been 12 hours since I last saw her.  As she makes her way through the crowd, she stops and talks to people and I can see her making amends with every person she passes; I could not be more proud of her if I tried.  I find myself looking Ali up and down and appreciating the fact that she chose to wear a dress and heels her first day back.  She has her signature curls and minimal make-up and I have never seen a more beautiful person in all my life.  I can't help but get turned on watching the sway of her hips and she gets closer to me and I have to bite my lip to keep my mouth shut.

Alison's POV

I asked my dad to drop me off a little ways from school so that I could walk up and make an entrance instead of being dropped off by my daddy.  I exit the car and continue my pep talk as I get closer and closer to Rosewood High; I've been rehearsing what to say to Emily and how to make her understand, without her thinking that I don't want to be with her.  I see a crowd of people the closer that I get and decide to make it a point to talk to each person I pass.  I've apologized to Mindy and Cindy, Lucas, and even Mona.  Maybe I can do this.  I look up and find my friends standing by the steps waiting for me, but my sight zeroes in on Emily.  She has got to be the hottest girl at school now, I mean she always has been to me but with the way she carries herself now, girls must throw themselves at her.  I notice that Emily is biting her lip the way she does when she's turned on and I remember that I chose a dress and heels for this exact reason, because I know it drives her insane.  How could I have ever thought I wouldn't be able to show people that I belong to Emily?  My face must give it away because I see Hanna nudge Aria and Spencer to look from me to Emily and they all have adoring looks on their faces like we're the cutest thing in the world.  I reach my friends and embrace each of them in a hug, "Thank you guys, for waiting for me."  I save Emily for last and pull her into a tight hug, I can feel how tense she is.  She's probably wondering if we'll act like we have been for the past 4 days because heaven help me, I can't get enough of her.  I pull away, smile, and reach for her hands, "Em, it'll be ok.  I don't care if everyone stares at us or whispers behind our backs, I love you."  I lean in and give her a quick kiss on the cheek and I can feel the heat rush to it as she begins to blush.  She smiles and I can hear half the school gasp and start to whisper about the exchange that just took place between us.  If we're going to do this, we might as well get it out of the way so they don't have anything to talk about by the time lunch rolls around," What are you guys staring at?  Can't I kiss my girlfriend on the cheek?  Yeah, that's right! Emily Fields is my girlfriend, so get over it!"  With that I take Emily's hand in mine and make our way towards the steps into the school; I notice that we pass by Paige and the look on her face is like someone strangled a puppy in front of her.  I completely forgot that Emily and Paige had been a thing up until a few weeks ago, but Emily never told me why they broke up.  I shrug it off for now and make a mental note to ask her about it later.  We make our way towards our lockers, "Ali, what class do you have first?" Spencer asks me as she grabs her books. "Um, I have to go to the guidance counselors office first, but I can't remember where it is," I say a little embarrassed.  Emily grabs my hand, "I have Chem Lab, I can walk with you," I can't help but smile; "Thanks Em, I would love that."  We wave goodbye to the girls and walk down the hall hand in hand, just like I always wanted.  As we get to the door of the guidance counselors office, Emily turns to face me, "Well, let me know if you need anything.  Just send me a text and let me know what you're schedule is and I'll pick you up after class." "You don't have to do that Em, I can meet up with you a lunch," I say and she takes a step towards me, "Would you let me pick my girlfriend up from class? Or are you embarrassed?"  I can't help but laugh, "Oh you just wait Fields," and I take a step towards her and wrap my hands around her neck.  Her face turns the brightest shade of red, "I think you're the one who's embarrassed," I say as I close the gap between us and bring my lips to hers for a sweet kiss. "I don't think I'll ever tire of you doing that, it's become the favorite part of my day; sometimes I can't believe that you're mine," she says and shakes her head.  "Believe it babe, you're stuck with me," I say and walk away from her but not before turning and giving her a seductive wink that is sure to distract her all through first period.

Emily's POV

"Believe it babe, you're stuck with me."  

Alison calling me babe has also become my new favorite thing; usually it was just "Em" but her having a pet name for me makes my heart melt each time it rolls off her tongue.  Also, did she just say that I'm stuck with her? Hmm... I think I like the sound of that.  I make my way to Chem Lab and I can't seem to focus on anything but the way Alison's hips sway in her dress and the way her lips taste of vanilla. I find myself staring at the clock, counting down the minutes because this class can't end soon enough.