The Library- Take Two

Emily has been looking at the clock, counting down the minutes until the bell rings

Emily has been looking at the clock, counting down the minutes until the bell rings. She's picked up Ali in between each class and every time, she finds herself becoming more and more anxious to spend more than 5 minutes with her girlfriend.

Emily's POV

I feel my phone vibrate in the middle of my French class, I remove it from my pocket and slip it under the desk so that I don't get caught.

Alison💖:

Hey babe, how's French?

Me:

Bonjour, mon amour. La classe est ennuyeuse .

Alison💖:

Ooooh la la! Look who got better at French. Can I just say how incredibly hot it is?

Me:

Ali...stop. I've been turned on since you walked into school this morning, don't make it worse.

Alison💖:

Oh have you now? Anything I can do to help ease your frustration?

Me:

Ali... don't start.

Alison💖:

Meet me in the library in 10. Just pretend you're going to the restroom.

Me:

What do you have up your sleeve DiLaurentis?

Alison💖:

You'll see...

The past ten minutes have gone by at a snails speed. When it finally reaches 10 minutes, I stand and walk to the front to ask if I can use the restroom. I make my way down the hall to the library, wondering why Alison would want to meet here? I walk the shelves and shelves of books looking for Alison before I hear that giggle that makes my heart skip. I round the corner and see Alison sitting on the floor with a book in her hand and I immediately feel 15 years old again. I remember the last time we were here was when I decided to take a leap of faith and kiss her. It was one of the best decisions and most terrifying choices that I ever made. That day didn't turn out quite the way I wanted to, especially in the locker room where Ali acted as though nothing happened and to reiterate that I was just practice and that she liked boys.  I remember going home and sitting in my windowsill and crying at the fact that I had been rejected and I was also confused about the way that I was feeling about Alison. I shake my head and focus on the gorgeous sight in front of me. I take a step towards her, "what's so funny?". She smiles up at me, remembering the last time we were here, "you know, that day was the first time I ever really knew how you felt about me. I knew you always acted different towards me but I never knew that you actually had feelings for me until then. It made me question everything, because I started to feel something towards you too, I just didn't know what it was yet." I sit down next to her, "I was so scared that day, but I knew that I had to find out if what I was feeling for you was a lot more than just being best friends. That was the boldest move I have ever made, and I thank God I did. That was the day I knew I was in love with you." Alison smiles and scoots closer to me, "Do you remember that passage from Great Expectations that I read you? Ever since we started dating, it feels like that passage was written just for us. Like our story was always meant to be, even if I didn't realize it back then." I take the book from her hand and flip right to the passage she's talking about, even though I've read it so many times that I have it memorized, "Of course I remember. 'I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be.' I couldn't think of a better way to describe the way I feel about you." I lean in, just like I did when I was 15 and this time Alison is leaning in too. Our lips meet and it's as if the world had stopped. My hand finds its way to her cheek and her hand rests on my thigh as we continue the kiss the way that it should've been the first time. After what feels like hours, I pull away from Alison and touch my forehead to hers, "I love you," she looks into my eyes with the biggest smile on her face, "I love you too, Em." I rise to my feet and pull her up with me, she fixes her dress and puts her hand in mine as we leave the library. We've both been gone a lot longer than we should've but I really don't care after that perfect moment we just had.

Alison's POV

As we're leaving the library, with Emily's hand in mine, I can't help but have a Cheshire Cat smile plastered on my face. I wanted to give Emily a re-do of one of the memories that I knew was tainted by my fear of loving her. That was the way that memory should have played out, and I am glad that I finally got to let her have that moment. As we make our way down the hallway, we stop so that we can go to our separate classes, "I love you, Em. I hope that I can give you a re-do of all the moments I ruined over the years. I want you to know how much I care about you and that you are the most important thing in my life. She looks down at our hands and when she looks up, she has tears in her eyes, "I love you too, Ali. You don't need to give me re-dos. The memories that I have of you and me now, are only good. I don't remember the girl you once were because I know that it wasn't really you. What we have now, is beyond anything I could've ever imagined and I've never been this happy." She takes a step towards me and puts her hands on my waist, my hands wrap around her neck on their own accord, "We should probably get back to class...", she nods "Yeah... we probably should...". We just stare at each other for a moment before I make the first move and connect our lips. It's a short kiss but it's enough to tide me over until English. We pull away from each other and make our separate ways down the hall, I look back at Emily and she does the same, I wink at her and blow her a kiss. You can instantly see Emily's face blush and I revel in the fact that I can make her crazy without really trying.

Emily's POV

As I make my way down the hall, I decide I wanted one last look at Ali before returning to class, she turns around at the same time and gives me a sexy wink and blows me a kiss. I can feel my cheeks instantly flush, Alison can drive me crazy with even the tiniest of gestures. Today was going to be a long day, at least we have English together before lunch. I shake my head and smile as I walk back into my French class, Mrs. Jones looks angry "Well Miss Fields, I'm glad you could grace us with your presence again. " I blush and take my seat, she may be mad but it was totally worth it.