Five Years Later

It's been five years since graduation and the girls have moved in different directions but remain just as close.  Hanna is living in New York with Caleb while working as a Fashion Design Assistant, Spencer is living with Toby and working at her mother's law firm in Philadelphia, Aria is working at a publishing company in Boston with Ezra while working on publishing their first novel together, while Emily and Alison bought the DiLaurentis house and were both working at Rosewood High as teachers; Emily was coaching the Sharks Swim Team and Alison was teaching English.  

Alison was taking advantage of a lazy Sunday morning while lounging on the couch waiting for Emily to finish making coffee.  It had become a routine every weekend for Sunday to be their day to just relax and spend time together.  

Alison's POV

Over the years, Sunday has become my favorite day of the week.  I know for most, Sunday is hated almost as much as Monday because it signifies that the weekend is coming to a close but for me it means an uninterrupted day with Emily.  We started this tradition back in college when we were living in our small apartment near Danby; we knew that with classes and Emily's swim schedule that it would be hard to find time for just the two of us so we made sure that at least once a week we did nothing but be together.  It has always been a day for us to just sit together, enjoy coffee, lounge in our pajamas, and watch old movies.  If you would've told me that six years ago this is what my life would look like, I would've told you that you were crazy even though this is how I always pictured my life playing out.  

As I reminisce on mine and Emily's relationship, I can't help but smile.  Emily enters the room carrying my favorite mug full of coffee, "here you go."  How did I ever get so lucky to be able to wake up to that face every day? I look up to her and smile as my hand brushes hers while taking the mug from her hands, "thank you.  I'm sorry for all of the tossing and turning last night."  She leans back and tosses her hair, "considering we watched a scary movie last night, it's amazing either one of us got any sleep."  I shake my head as I place my coffee mug down on the table to let it cool off, "I don't know what possessed us to watch 'It' but it was probably the worst idea we've ever had; I already hated clowns to begin with but I don't think I will be able to walk past a storm drain ever again."  Emily laughs and puts her mug down as well, "I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a red balloon the same again after that. "  I lay my head back on the couch and scoot down a little bit to get more comfortable and Emily looks at me with that gaze that makes my stomach flip and my heart rate rise, "you look so beautiful in the morning, even after a night of tossing and turning.  I don't know what I did to get so lucky," she says as she brushes my hair back and leans in to kiss me.  Her lips still taste like coffee which combined with Emily's already delicious lips that I cannot get enough of, it's intoxicating.  Emily begins to push me back on the couch and lays on top of me while never breaking the kiss.  It still amazes me that after all these years, she can still make me weak within seconds.  She makes her way to my neck and I can't help but let a moan escape my lips,  "Em... bedroom... now."  She removes her lips from my neck and whisks me to our bedroom for what I know will be hours of being tangled up in the sheets.  Yup... Sunday is my favorite day.

Emily's POV

I swear, I live for Sunday's.  There is nothing better than just lounging around the house with Ali; she's always my favorite version of her when it's just the two of us and she's got no makeup on and still manages to be a knock-out.  After hours spent in bed with each other, we've made our way back to the living room to watch old black and white movies; Alison is currently sleeping on my chest with my arms wrapped around her and a blanket draped over us.  I honestly don't know how life could get much better than this... well... I do and it's been on my mind a lot lately.  Ali and I have been together for six amazing years now, we've got great jobs, and we own our own home; the next step would be to make this thing official.  Ever since we were teenagers I always pictured myself marrying Ali and I can't shake the feeling lately that I want to officially ask her to be my wife.  I mean, we're practically married already without the piece of paper but I want her to share my last name.  I've been thinking a lot lately how I would ask her, I've even talked to Hanna about it which may have been a bad move considering that she sucks at keeping secrets like this.  You would think after years of having to keep being tormented by A a secret that she would be a pro by now but noooo, when it comes to exciting secrets like this she will blab to anyone who will listen.  On my way home from work the other day, since there was a swim meet and Ali had left earlier than me, I stopped at a jewelry store to look at engagement rings.  Ali had mentioned a couple of times the type of ring that she would want and of course it would be a princess cut.  I just keep trying to rack my brain around how I am going to keep this from her if I end up buying one since we share a bank account.  Maybe I should go to Spencer, she was always the best at surprises.