SIX

SIX: I AM GOING TO HURT YOU STEVE

AS SCHOOL WENT ON, Kat sat and watched the gym class she had gotten out of thanks to a banging headache she had. She hadn't seen Nancy all day, and she watched the boys play basketball. Steve and Billy were of course on opposite teams and were both channeling their angry hormones into the game as they pushed and shoved each other on the court.

She watched as Steve tried to get around Billy, but words were said, and Billy quickly stole the ball from Steve, racing down the court and doing an under the leg move for a layup. Katherine watched and was impressed, as Billy shot her a wink and a smile.

"Katherine, I hope you had fun last night at the party!" Tina said as she sat down beside her. "You were killing it last night, hot costume, Queen of the Keg Stand, and you made out with multiple people, I'd say it was successful,"

"Successful hangover? You betcha," Katherine laughed along with Tina.

"I never knew people from Kansas were such party animals, you are definitely invited to the next bash," Tina smiled getting up. "What do you think of Billy Hargrove?"

"Billy?" Kat asked.

"Well ya, you two did end up making out for quite the time last night. He is so hot and has such a nice ass. How was it? Is he a good kisser?" Tina peppered her with questions.

"Great kisser, mediocre ass," Kat replied, smiling. "Never again tho,"

"Ugh, if you don't want him, I'll have him. He must be amazing in bed," Tina sighed.

Oh, he is, Katherine thought to herself. She saw Nancy standing at the door, as Tina left to go harass someone else about their party life last night. She noticed that Nancy and Steve had gone out to talk, most likely about what happened last night. Katherine got up from her spot on the bleachers and began to walk out of the gym before a hand grabbed her shoulder and pushed her up against the wall.

"Juliet," Billy's rough voice whispered in her ear.

"Billy," she smiled. "When are you going to pick up your jacket? Cute note I like the sentimental side of the bad boy exterior," Katherine joked.

Billy cracked a smile, and then he noticed the bruises on her neck. "Well, we certainly did go at it last night," he commented.

Kat hushed him, as the gym teacher walked by. "Billy, seriously? Keep it down, only Steve knows," Katherine told him, then regretting it.

"Harrington? Why him?" Billy asked a little more defensively this time.

"He recognized your jacket in my locker this morning and I had to explain the whole thing to him," Katherine explained.

"Well then, this dirty little secret of ours is something I like in this little town," Billy hummed. Billy pulled Katherine into a cubby where no one could see then and immediately locked lips with her. The two continued to make out until they heard a cough from behind them. They immediately pulled away and saw Nancy standing behind them, her arms crossed.

"I'll talk to you later," Kat said pulling away from Billy and grabbing Nancy by the arm and pulling her into the girl's bathroom. She quickly checked all the stalls and then locked the door. "Listen Nancy it's-"

"Not what it looks like?" Nancy finished her sentence. "Steve told me,"

"I am going to kill him," Kat growled. "Fuck!"

"You weren't going to tell me?" Nancy asked, hurt in her voice.

"I wasn't going to tell anyone! Steve saw Billy's jacket in my locker and I had to tell him and he promised he wouldn't tell anyone!" Kat replied. "It was... an accident. Last night was a drunken accident,"

"Well, was it good?" Nancy asked.

Katherine smiled. "So good,"

Nancy smiled. "Then it doesn't matter," but her smile quickly turned to a frown. "I was really drunk last night wasn't I?"

Katherine laughed. "You were way drunker than I was, and I was pretty drunk. You were there one minute then gone the next, same with Steve and Jonathan. You all ditched me," Katherine reminded her.

Nancy nodded, as she leaned against the wall. "I really screwed up," she said sliding down the wall and swing on the ground. "Last night I screwed up bad, and I don't know if I can fix it,"

Kat smiled weakly, joining her on the ground of the bathroom. "You and Steve got into a fight?" Katherine guessed, Nancy nodded. "I am sure everything will work out,"

"I don't think so," Nancy replied. "I told him our relationship was bullshit,"

"That your relationship was bullshit? I haven't heard that one before," Kat chuckled. "Steve really loves you, Nance,"

"I don't think I love him though," Nancy replied quietly, dropping the bomb on Katherine. "This morning, we got into another fight, and he asked me to tell him that I loved him and I couldn't do it, I-I just couldn't do it," Nancy said, a small tear falling down her cheek.

Katherine wrapped her arms around Nancy and pulled her into a hug. "Nance, everything is gonna be okay, and I promise you that it won't be bullshit," Katherine said, earning a laugh out of Nancy. "You screwed up with Steve, I screwed Billy, we both just screwed up. But at least you don't have the wounds to prove it,"

Nancy shot up, her mouth open wide. "No way," she laughed as Katherine revealed the hickeys and bruises on her neck.

"It is like 20 degrees out, why do you think I am wearing a sweater?" Kat laughed. "Also, I had to kick Billy out before my brothers got home, as soon as Billy got out of the driveway seconds later Sam and Dean came home,"

"I can't believe you holy crap," Nancy laughed.

"Yep," Katherine smiled. "But I am still going to kill Steve,"

AN/
steve and kat are brotp definitely. hope y'all are liking it!