TWELVE

TWELVE: DEMOGORGON'S ARE NOT A MAN'S BEST FRIEND

"THEY CAN'T GET IN! They can't get in!" Lucas screamed as the whole bus shook from the force of the demogorgons.

"Clearly they can!" Katherine screamed her voice dripping with sarcasm.

Everyone screamed as one of them began scratching at Kat. She screamed, and everyone jumped back while Steve batted the thing away from her. Katherine rushed over to her bag of weapons, grabbing out an old cloth to wrap her arm up, that was covered in blood now.

She grabbed another machete handing it to Max to defend herself. "It's like a baseball bat," Katherine said, tying the cloth tightly, cringing at the pressure. "And your brother owes me one heck of a date after this,"

"Stepbrother!" Max corrected her.

"Whatever!" Katherine replied.

"And we are going to die!" Dustin screamed into his walkie talkie.

The banging outside continued, as Kat loaded her shotgun. Everything stopped for a moment, and Katherine heard the loud banging of the things on top of the roof. They all stared at the open hatch as one's head peered over the top of them. Max screamed, along with Lucas and Dustin, while Kat aimed her gun and took two quick shots.

Steve jumped in front of her and started screaming at the thing, waving his bat at it as it shrieked at the kids. Then it stopped and simply walked away from the group of kids in the old bus. The bus shook, and then the commotion stopped, as the growls and sounds of the Demogorgon's got farther and farther away from the five kids.

Katherine followed Steve as they all followed him off the bus to see that the scrap yard was completely empty.

"What. Happened," Lucas asked.

"I don't know," Max replied.

"Steve and Kat scared them off?" Dustin suggested.

"No," Steve interjected. "No way, they are going somewhere,"

"But where?" Katherine asked, putting pressure on the her blood soaked cuts.

"YOU'RE POSITIVE THAT was Dart?" Lucas asked Dustin.

"Yes, he had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt," Dustin replied

"But he was tiny two days ago," Max argued.

"We've gone through this three times already," Dustin said monotony. "He and his friends are going to keep on molting, and they are going to be full grown soon,"