NINE

NINE: THE BAT WITH THE NAILS?

STEVE AND KATHERINE WATCHED what felt like 50 horror movies, but in reality, it was only four. Yet, she found it weird that her brothers weren't home yet from the day, considering it was basically morning.

"So, how are you gonna get Nance back?" Katherine asked. "Give me the full low down on how you are gonna get her back,"

"Say sorry?" Steve guessed, which caused Kat to roll her eyes. "Not say sorry?"

"Harrington, you are going to get her a bouquet of roses, go over to her house and apologize," Kat told him.

"I didn't even do anything!" Steve protested. "She was the one who said our relationship was bullshit, She should be bringing me the roses,"

Katherine raised her eyebrow. "The guy always says sorry, even when he did nothing wrong," Kat said. "Like right now, Billy should be at my door with flowers and chocolate, maybe a bottle of vodka - or even better a new gun, if he knew about anything going on in my life, apologizing for being an asshole, but is he? No. That is why I'm not talking to him,"

"Kat, you made out with him yesterday," Steve pointed out.

"Not the point Harrington! I'm still mad at him," Katherine said getting off the couch and heading to the kitchen. "The point is, when you give her a heartfelt apology, she will forgive you and everything will be happy in Steve and Nancy land and I can hang out with both of you at the same time, so really just apologize for my sake,"

Steve nodded as he followed her into the kitchen. "So I just say I'm sorry for something I didn't do?" he asked.

"Exactly," Katherine said, as she looked out her window. "Wait, what is he-?"

Outside in her driveway was the navy blue Camaro sitting there, with Billy, and a cigarette in his mouth. He had in his hands a few flowers, not too many but just enough. The two made eye contact, and Katherine looked in shock.

"Steve - Steve!" she mumbled. "What is he doing here?"

"Apologizing?" Steve laughed.

Katherine punched his arm as she watched Billy walk to the door. "I can't answer it, Steve! You, you get the door!" Kat panicked.

Steve glared at her. "Kat, that kid hates my guts!" Steve said. "He isn't even apologizing to me, he is apologizing to you! So grow a pair and answer the fucking door!"

Steve pushed Katherine to the door as she cursed him out. Kat then opened it to reveal Billy leaning up against the side of the door, the flowers in his hands while he flashed Katherine a smile. "Flowers?" she asked, genuinely surprised. "Who knew Billy Hargrove had a heart in that sour and mean body of his?"