ELEVEN

ELEVEN: THINGS JUST GOT COMPLICATED

KATHERINE HAD NEVER SET up a legit trap before, let alone made a deserted old bus her main hide out while waiting for a monster to try and catch her. Yet Steve and Dustin were never, and apparently, newbies loved making bad decisions like the one she was just about to make.

The two boys thought this was an amazing plan, but Katherine begged to differ, so while they set up, she raced up and got her car, which was suited up with everything she needed. She still noticed that Sam and Dean were nowhere to be found, so she decided to call them. She waited as the phone rang, praying Dean would pick up.

"Kat?" Dean's scruffy voice echoed.

"Dean?" Katherine said in relief. "Holy shit, thank god you answered! Where the hell have you two been for the past two days?"

"Long story Kat," Dean sighed. "This is definitely supernatural. Me and Sam went to another fricking dimension!"

"What?" Katherine yelled. "You went to another dimension? That's where you have been?"

"Kat, we are in the hospital with Will Byers and the sheriff. This kid is totally screwed up like he is possessed. But not by a demon by something else," Dean explained.

"Dean why didn't you call me!" Katherine said outraged. "You two could have died!"

"We are fine, just get over here," Dean said.

"I can't, there is some stupid Demogorgon thing I am helping kill," Katherine rolled her eyes as she hopped into her car.

"What the hell is a Demogorgon?" Dean asked.

"Long story but your guess is as good as mine, a lot has been happening in the past year in Hawkins," Katherine replied. "Dean, we are going to have to leave after this is all over aren't we?"

"Of course Kat," Dean answered. "Bobby already gave us our next case. Why? I thought you hated it here anyway?"

"I-I mean I still hate it, but I actually made friends here," Kat mumbled. "Good friends that I don't want to just drop and leave,"

Dean sighed on the other end of the phone. "You know we can't stay, we have to keep moving if we want to find the demon," Dean said. "Kat, I know this is hard for you,"

"Dean I want to stay," Katherine protested quietly. "Please? Just for a bit,"

"We will talk later, love you kiddo," Dean said.