Prolouge

Midoriya was full on sprinting down the vacant halls of U.A academy as the sounds of low groaning and rattling feet shuffled after him, shadows clawing at him from around the corner as he sprinted down the dawn light corridor. He didn't stop. Not even for a moment. Things were flying out of his bag in a flurry but pencil's and pens could be replaced. His life couldn't. Quickly he darted into Class 1A and slammed the door shut before realising how much sound that had made. The groaning grew louder and the frightened boy hurried to lock the door. As fast as he could he hurried to barricade the door with the desks of his classmates and any other thing he could before sliding down against the makeshift barricade with the howling of corpses all around him. 

'The one day I come in early and its the one day the zombie apocalypse kicks off. Just my luck' Midoriya thought to himself shakily clenching the fire axe he had snatched up from the hallway. Sweat drizzled down his face, past his increasingly pale face and began to collect in small pools on his thighs.

"I wonder if Iida and Uraraka are ok... Todoroki's probably fine and Kacchan and those lot will not go down easy..." Midoriya continued to mumble to himself, guessing the fate of his friends while the glass above his head shattered loudly, pale murky flesh reaching in, clawing at the wood of the door. This was quickly followed by more hands clawing at the door which began to crack and splinter from the immense pressure being placed on it. Midoriya swallowed hard, darting across the room frozen in terror: the sounds of groaning and wood snapping, the scent of death which was becoming more prevalent with every second, the hollow eyes staring into his soul made the poor boy shake in horror. This was it. The end. As the door buckled from pressure and the dead shambled in, Midoriya accepted his fate and lifted the axe above his head to try and go down swinging. 

But as death shuffled closer, the sounds of shells being fired off rang through the halls and Midoriya forced an eye to watch as heads exploded and bodies were being torn apart from shells, coating the wall in layers of murky red blood which only got thicker and thicker. The poor boy, scared half to death dropped to his knees with the axe slipping from his hands, his eyes swelling up as a battered Todoroki appeared in the doorway.

"Midoriya?"

"Todoroki?" they both spoke each others names in disbelief, looking each other in the eyes, Todoroki blowing a crawler into a bloody puddle with the lever action shotgun he seemed to have acquired. They rushed towards each other, Midoriya jumping at the stoic boy, who put his arms out for him.

"Are you here all alone?" Todorki asked calmly like he wasn't covered in blood and had tears and scratches all over his uniform. 

"Yeah... I felt like coming in early today." He mumbled looking up at him, before taking a step back to reclaim the fire axe from the lake of blood and gore.

"Todoroki, I need to check on my mum." Midoriya stated turning to look back at him. Having one of the schools best students with him provided some much needed confidence and now that he had that, Izuku didn't want to leave his mother to be zombie chow.

"Midoriya, shes probably-"

"Save it, we're going."

"You'll die if you go alone."

"Then come with me." Midoriya said gripping the axe in both hands, starting to march out of the class room, Todoroki could only look on for a while. Midoriya would be a goner without him. After rolling his eyes, the serious student followed after Midoriya, reloading his gun with the five shells he had left.

They never did make it to Midoriya's mum in time...