Chapter 14 - Friends and Pictures

Anushka was curled up on the recliner and was sobbing into her kerchief. Prabhas turned to look at her and said shaking his head,

"Not again Sweety!"

"But he didn't even get a chance to see his son for once! Their life would have been a beautiful one! Oh!", and Anushka resumed her sobs.

She was watching Bahubali, the scene where Amarendra Bahubali bids goodbye to Devasena for the last time. And Anushka, just like a custom, cried each and every time she watched it.

Prabhas sighed and turned to get dressed. Anushka had switched off the TV.

"Why don't you ever watch the rest of the movie?", asked Prabhas, though he knew the answer that she never watched the scene were Bahubali was being killed, apart from the first time she saw it.

"I dod want to see it.", Anushka said, wiping her nose and eyes and looking at Prabhas who was getting ready for the Mahanubhavudu pre-release event.

"What's "dod"?!", asked Prabhas, smirking at her.

Anushka had a complete blocked nose and fever, got from him. Prabhas, who had somewhat recovered from fever hadn't stopped teasing her as she couldn't now pronounce 'n' properly because of nose block.

She just rolled her eyes, too tired to say anything. She handed over his shirt as she watched him run his hands through his hair.

"Damn! He looks hot!", thought Anushka.

He got ready to leave and said to her,

"I'll be late, so don't wait for me. Take rest okay?"

Anushka nodded. When Prabhas bent down to kiss her, she covered her face with her hands and turned away.

"Daw!(naw!) I wod't kiss you when I have a rudning dnose"(running nose), whined Anushka.

"Hey that's not fair now! I didn't have any such rules when I was ill!", complained Prabhas. Anushka stuck out her tongue childishly.

By that time, his PA had called him, telling that they were getting late for the event.

"Dow go!", said Anushka, pushing him towards the door. She looked on and waved him bye.

Anushka had been staying at his home since a couple of days. Neither of their parents were in town. It was Prabhas' mom who had insisted that Anushka should stay there as she had also gotten fever from him and there was nobody to take care of her at her apartment.

Anushka's mom had said,

"I really can't understand you children! There is literally no difference between a married couple and you both. Still, you're not ready to make it official. Really! What difference does it make if you just tie the knot!?"

But at the same time, they were relieved that she was with Prabhas. They knew that he took care of her just like they would or maybe much more than them. Moreover, Chinnamma was also there to look after both.

For an orthodox family like their's, it was surprising that how wholeheartedly their parents had accepted their relationship. It was because maybe they too had felt that that their relation was something that would withstand time, no matter what.

But since they had got to know that Anushka and Prabhas were engaged, the parents couldn't just wait any longer. They had a tough time in making their parents wait for some time more.

Anushka had crawled onto the bed and slid under the blanket. She was shivering and she wished for Pabsu, so that she could sleep, hugging his warmth. But for the time, she clutched onto the blanket and tried to get his smell, but in disappointment, thanks to her cold.