chapter 18

Chapter 18

  As we pulled up to Caline Cafe, I saw Jessica sitting at one of the outside tables. I sat in the car staring at her and Ryder bumped my shoulder with his.

   "You okay?" I nodded. I just hadn't seen her in a while so it was a little nerve racking.

  "Can you get Rylyn and wait while I talk to her in privet for a minute?" I asked Ryder still looking at her. She hadn't noticed me yet and I was kind of glad.

   I got out of the car and walked slowly up to her. Once she saw me she smiled but it looked a little forced.

   "Hey." I said. She didn't bother getting up and hugging but did mumble out a hello. That was a start.

  "So you said you wanted to catch up. Oh and I thought you said you wanted me to meet someone?" I nodded but didn't make any move to sit down.

   "Yes. And its actually two somebodies. I will go get them."

   I walked over to the car and took Rylyn from Ryder's arms. He carried the dipper bags as he followed me up to Jessica's table.

   "Jessica, this is Lynny, my daughter, and this is Ryder, her father." Jessica looked up at us but didn't get up. I mean its not like I expected her to.

   "Oh. Well.. she's adorable." But there was no enthusiasm in her voice.

   "Okay I can't be nice anymore. Cut the crap and tell me what you did!" I was surprised that the words sounded so harsh coming out of my mouth.

    "What do you mean?" Jessica asked innocently. I sat down and Ryder drug up a chair and sat next to me. He put his hand on my back rubbing circles trying to calm me down.

   "I want to know why you hate me so much that you would ruin mine and your nieces live's?" I was beyond mad.

   "I don't hate you. Are you sure we are on the same page here?" She smiled now.

   "You know what you did. You told my Principle about Rylyn." She stopped smiling.

  "What?" She looked confused and I bet so did I.

   "You mean you didn't tell my Principle about Ryder being my teacher and the father of my baby?" She shook her head and now I was really confused.

   I looked at Ryder. "Well then who the hell told?" He shook his head. When I looked back at Jessica she was looking at us.

   "But I saw the picture of you at the concert." I said.

   "The Tame Me Tour?" I nodded. "You were there? Well that's no surprise. We used to listen to them all the time together." I laughed as I remembered a conversation we had listening to one of there songs.

     ~~11 years earlier~~

   "Hey Aara? Do you want to know something?" I said sure.

   The song Heart Breaker played in from the little blue radio in the corner of our room.

   We heard our mother and father fighting from down the hall about bills and other stuff. It was one of those days where they were clawing out eachothers' eyes and we were forced to hide away in our room together. We usually spent those days talking and listening to music.

   "One day we will grow up and meet guys and fall in love and marry them and we will never fight. We will stay together. We wont be like Mommy and Daddy. I hope I marry Louis! And you can have the other one. Reed!" I giggled.

  "Okay Jessie. I love you, sissy. Will you promise that we will never loose each other?" I asked. If I was going to loose my Mommy or Daddy then I didn't want to loose her.