chapter 33

Chapter 33

  Aara's POV:

   After Ryder left I went back to bed. When I woke up the next morning I stomach was really sore. And it didn't help that I didn't get a lot of sleep because the nurse, Kathy, kept coming in to check on my wound.

     "Mrs. Jackson?" I heard a voice call. I don't know how many times I have to tell this hospital that Ryder and I aren't married but I was starting to get used to it.

    "Yes, Kathy?" I turned my head to look at the door. Her head was barely poked in.

   "Your breakfast is here and you have some visitors." I smiled.

  "Let them in. Oh and what is for breakfast this morning?" I asked.

  "Um.. I believe toast, fruit, sausage, and eggs." The food here wasn't that bad, but I hadn't had the breakfast yet so I wondered how it was going to taste.

   She pushed the door all the way open and rolled in a cart. Skylar, Kinton, and Chase.

  "Hey guys!" I said as Kathy started to get my breakfast ready.

  "Auntie Aara! Did the bad guy get in trouble!?" Chase ran over to me and jumped up onto the bed next to me.

   "He sure did." I told him thinking of how Lucas hadn't just got in trouble, he had lost his life.

  "Good! I got to take Rylyn home with me yesterday and we watched cartoons and played." I laughed. He really enjoyed having a cousin.

   "Did you have fun?" He nodded. "How are you guys?" I turned my attention towards Skylar and Kinton.

   "Were good but how are you?" Skylar asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

  "Okay I guess."

  "Okay well if your fine then how about we move to this matter. WHY ARE YOU SO FUCKING STUPID SOMETIME!?" She yelled. I laughed and Kinton smiled.

   "Oooo... Skylar said a bad word...." Chase said.

   "Oh and what does that mean?" Kinton asked.

  "She owes me a dollar." I laughed.

  "Shit!"

  "Oh another one!" Chase laughed. "See," he said turning back to me. "every time Skylar says a bad word she has to give me a dollar. I have about 15 dollars now. Oh and we only started yesterday."

    Yeah and by next week he'll be a millionaire.

   "Well enough about me. Why did you not listen to me? I told you not to go in there and let the police handle it but you didn't listen. I may torment them but they are still good at their job."

   "Because I wanted my daughter back. I took a risk and I am okay."

  "OKAY!? YOU GOT FUCKING SHOT! SHIT! AHH!!!" I laughed.

  "Two more dollars for me!!" Chase said.

  "Yes I got shot but I lived. I am okay." I assured her.

  "Yes you lived. But what would have happened if you didn't?" I looked down.

  "She would of been alive." I said in a small voice.

  "She would of been alive with out a mother. Sure she would have all of us but you are the most important part of her life. She would of needed a mother." Skylar tried to tell me.

   "You could of helped her with all the stuff I would of done." She still wasn't accepting my answer but she sat down in the chair and huffed.

   "So," I put my hands up to Chase's ears, "have you two spent a lot of time together lately?" I asked and smirked when I saw Skylar blush.