chapter 20

Chapter 20

  This morning I kept thinking about how Ryder said he found a house. I really do wasn't to live with him but I just don't know if its the right thing to do for his, mine, and Rylyn's sake.

  I dont want my baby girl getting taken away from me because her father goes to jail and I get in trouble for what I am doing with Ryder.

  I was already through half of the day and was sitting at the lunch table zoning out thinking about all the pro's and con's about moving in with him. I was suddenly jerked out of my trance when some one started to call my name.

  "Aaralyn? Are you still with us?" Skylar was calling my name and waving her hand up and down in front of my face.

  "What?" I asked her to repeat her question.

   "I asked if you were still with us." I nodded and she continued what she was saying. "You know the Homecoming Dance is coming up and I didn't tell you but I-" She mumbled something but I couldn't hear it.

   "I said,-" I still couldn't hear her and I groaned.

  "Come on. One more time. I cant hear you." I sing songed the last part.

  "I said that I signed us up to help decorate!" Wait, What!?

  "Skylar! I don't have time for that! I know we did it last year but I don't have time this year. With every thing going on with, yeah you know, and I have Rylyn what am I supposed to do with her?" I almost said Ryder and I am glad I didn't because other people we sitting at our table and it would of been bad to just blurt out the my teacher is my child's father.

    "I know but I really wanted us to do it this year! And its only a coulple of days every week. And couldn't Ryder just watch her? I'm sure he would be happy to do it." She lent in and whispered the ending in my ear.

   I thought about it. Ryder has been asking for her to go and see him for a little while now.

  "Okay. I guess I can ask. What days are we supposed to be here and what times?"

   "Um.. Thursdays and Fridays from after school till 5:30." I nodded thinking if Ryder had any thing to do on those days. "Oh! And it's only the three weeks before the dance."

   "Okay I think I can work that out I will have to check." We continued to talk till the bell rang and we had to head off to class. I have Ryder right after lunch so I stopped at my locker then walked the short way to his class.

   "Okay class, quiet down. I want to get started early because I have to make plans for the rest of my afternoon classes." He had to leave to go get his brother from the air port. I was going to sign my self out sick this hour so I could get Rylyn so I could meet Kinton and Kinton could meet Rylyn.

   This class went the slowest it has ever gone. The class was almost over and I went to make my move. I raised my hand and waited for Ryder to call on me.

   "Yes?" He asked looking up from his grade book.

   "Um.. Mr. Jackson? I don't feel very good. I got a head ache and my stomach hurts." I faked with a frown.

   "Oh well come up hear and I will give you a pass." I nodded then grabbed my stuff and headed up to his desk.

   "Okay go to the office and see the nurse." I said okay and took the piece of paper from his hand. I walked to the door and closed it softly behind me.

  When I got a little down the hall I opened up the piece of paper and a smaller one fell out. I bent down and picked it up. It said 'go to my apartment after you get Lynny. I will be there soon <3'. I smiled at the heart. The other one was just a pass to get me there.