chapter 31

Chapter 31

 Aara's POV:

  We were almost to the town that Lucas was in. I turned towards Tim and noticed that he looked stressed.

   "Are you okay?" I asked.

  My voice seemed to pull him out of some kind of daze and he shook his head a little. "What? Oh yeah.. I'm fine. I just don't want to put you into any danger. You know you didn't have to do this. We can get her back just fine."

   I nodded. "Do you have kids?" I asked him. He nodded slowly.

  "A daughter and two twin boys."

  "And your telling me that you wouldn't do the same for them?" I asked already knowing the answer.

  "No. I probably would. And I know my wife would. You actually are a lot like her. She is just as fierce as you are." He smiled a little undoubtedly thinking of his children and wife.

   That was about it for the small talk. He told me what to do and he told me what door I was to enter and leave from.

  "Oh and if you need back up push this button." He had hooked up a wire that would allow them to hear every word that we said and there was a small button on the end of it by my waist, and if I pushed it a noise would go off letting them know I needed help.

   "Okay." I said quietly. I was scared. I was nervous. And I may have been shaking a little but no one seemed to notice.

   "Miss? Some one is on the phone for you." One of the officers in a bullet proof vest said as he pointed over his shoulder at another officers holding a phone. I told him okay and followed him over to the guy.

  "Ma'am? Do you know a Skylar?" My face went pale. She must have found out about me going into the building.

  "Yes?" It came out as more of a question. "Does she sound mad?"

  "Well she threatened me and I quote her words 'If you don't hand this phone to her right now then I will cut off your jewels and feed them to my cat. AS YOU WATCH!' and so I would really appreciate if you talked to her." I started laughing. Wait!

  "She doesn't even have a cat! And aren't you the police you could arrest her for threatening you." This guy was a big built guy and I don't see why he would be afraid of her.

   "Stories have gone around the office before of a Skylar. And I believe this is the one. So I don't think I will ever arrest her." His face was now as pale as mine was earlier and he looked scared to death.

  I laughed and took the phone from him. "Yeah?"

  "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU THINKING!? WHY WOULD YOU GO INTO A BUILDING WITH A CRAZY ASS SYCO!?" She screamed into the phone. I held it away from me at arms length and could still hear her. She was so loud that also some of the other officers who were standing by flinched, and as if they recognized her voice their faces went pale too. What has she done to these poor people.

  "First off," I said bring the phone back up the my ear, which was now ringing. "I am saving my daughter. I bet you would do the same for your kids. And, what have you done to these officers? They are afraid to arrest you for threatening them, and they are the police. What do you do in your spare time? Torture police? If I go over to the fire department am I going to get the same response if I mention a Skylar?" I asked her. I could barely hear her giggle in the back ground and there was no doubt that she was smiling when she replied.

  "Maybe? But I know for sure you'll get that reaction at the homeless shelter...." She trailed off. I laughed but tried to cover it up.

  "You torture hobos in your spare time too!?" She just laughed.