chapter 21

Chapter 21

  I quickly got out of the car, grabbed Rylyn and the bags, and flew up the stairs to Ryder's apartment door. Forgetting that it was locked I tried to turn the handle only to have it not.

  After I reached into my bag and grabbed the keys I opened it and ran inside. I took Rylyn out of her carseat and layed her down on the floor then put the bags on the table.

   After a couple of minutes, Ryder and Kinton walked through the door. I sat on the floor next to Rylyn and they both looked at me with smiles on their face's.

  "Did I bother you?" Kinton asked sweetly, the smirk still on his face.

  "Just a bit." I said holding my thumb and finger less than an inch away. Kinton laughed."And to think I used to have a crush on you?" I questioned myself quietly, but not quietly enough because Ryder and Kinton both heard me.

   "You used to have a crush on my brother?" Ryder asked amused.

   "Well I wouldn't quite say that. Just me and my friend, you know Skylar," I said looking at Ryder."Well we love your band and we always thought you were smokin' hot but now I met Ryder so I'm all good. He's better than you anyway." I said the last part towards Kinton.

   Kinton scoffed when I said that Ryder was better than him. I just smiled and looked down at my baby girl.

 "How can you say he is better than me!? I am the younger one. He is the old man!" Kinton said exasperated as he sat down in the arm chair.

  "Speaking of ages, how old are you?" I asked him.

  "I am only 22." I thought for a minute. When I first met Ryder, he said that his brother had a son.

  "I don't want to sound rude or anything considering my situation, but Ryder mentioned you have a son?" I said but it came out more as a question.

  "Uh.. It's okay. And yes, I do have a son. He's three. I got a girl pregnant when I was 19 and it was just a one night stand. I didn't really love her but I didn't want to give up my son so my mother keeps him while I got to concerts. I think I'm going to quit anyway so I can stay home with him more. Him and Rylyn should meet. They would love each other." I smiled at how fond he was of his son. Him and Ryder had that in common.

  "What's his name?" I asked.

  "Chase." I nodded.

   We talked a little more and Kinton was already growing on me. And he loved Rylyn. You could tell by the way he was laughing and playing with her.

   "Well I better get home and see my boy." Kinton said as he got up. It was about an hour after we had picked him up and I think playing with Rylyn was making him miss Chase even more.

   "I will bring Chace over later at about six. I want to spend a little time with him first."

  "Okay. Do you want to go to the park later?" Ryder asked looking between me and his brother. "I think the kids would like it."

  "I don't mind." I shrugged.

  "Sure. I will see you later. Text me and let me know where to meet you." I thought for a minute. We drove him here how was he gonna get home?

  "Do you need a ride?" I asked.

  "No I keep my car here when I have to leave. See ya." He closed the door behind him and I turned back to Ryder.

   "Well.." I turned back around to Ryder. "I got a question." I looked at him.

   "Shoot." I got up off the floor and sat on the couch next to him. He put his arm around my shoulder as I snuggled into his side.