chapter 30

Chapter 30

 Aara's POV:

  After the phone call from Lucas, Ryder and I headed down to the station. Before we left earlier, the officers told me to call if Lucas called and then they could find out where he was by tapping into the phone call.

  And that's exactly what they did. Once we got to the station, a detective came and brought us into a back room. They showed us where Lucas was. They told us that they already had officers on thier way there and that they should be back with in about an hour and a half.

   "Are they going to bring Rylyn back?" I asked.

  "They are going to do the best they can. They will get there and if he is still there they will do the best they can to get her from him. And if they do get her they will bring her back here." Me and Ryder both nodded, hoping that Lucas was still there so that we could get our daughter back.

   "I am going to go call Skylar and Kinton. I'll be back." I told Ryder getting up and heading out of the room.

  "Hey? What they'd say?" Skylar answered. On the way here I called and told her what had happened.

   "They said that they already have officers heading there and if Lucas is still there than they are going to do the best they can to get Rylyn back." I told her.

   "Oh."

  "Are you still at Kint's?" I asked. After we all left the police station, she had gone home with him. They have been spending a lot of time together this past week. I think she really likes him.

  "Yeah. Hey Chase want's to talk to you. Is that okay?" I told her yes and then I heard his little voice come through the phone.

  "Hey Auntie Aara! Daddy told me that the bad guy took Ry Ry! Is it true? Did he take her?" He asked.

   "Yes he did. But we are going to get her back. And then he is going to get in trouble." I told him.

  "Trouble? Is his daddy going to ground him? Some times Daddy grounds me and then I can't have any candy for a whole week! Is his daddy going to take away his candy?" I laughed and I could hear Kinton and Skylar laughing in the background.

  "No he is going to get in even more trouble. He wont be able to leave his room and he wont get to watch cartoons." I told Chase, smiling when I heard him gasp.

  "No cartoons? But wont he get bored?"

  "Yes but that is his punishment." I told him.

   "Daddy want's to talk to you. Bye Auntie Aara. Tell Uncle Ryder that I said hi." I told him okay and waited for Kinton to get on the phone.

   "Hey. So they are going to get her?"

   "Well they know where Lucas made the call from but they don't know if he's still there. If he is there when they get there then they said they will do the 'best the can' to get her back. You know even watching those law and order and criminal minds shows I have always wonder what it would feel like to be one of those people who's kid was missing and all the police said was 'we will do the best we can' and now I can officially say that it sucks! I hate those words and I never want to hear them ever again." I told him.

   It was true. I did always wonder what it would be like. Now I know. Be careful what you wish for.

  "We will get her back. I know we will." I told him that I would call him when we got more news and we hung up.

   I went back into the room Ryder was in and noticed that the guy that had brought us in here, who's name was Tim, had left.

  "What did she say?" Ryder asked when I sat down.