Chapter Three

So Yi

I stood in my bedroom once again, Soot still laying there stretched out over my pillow as well. I looked around.

What just happened?

I stood there before realising tears were still falling down my cheeks and wiping them away on the back of my hand. I turned and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

"The only reason he wants to get to know me after eighteen years is because I'm the key to the war apparently." I muttered and ran a hand though my hair, gently untangling it. "Pfft. Legends." I rolled my eyes and turned to the wardrobe, pulling out my work uniform and laying it out at the foot of my bed. "Do you believe in legends Soot?" I asked as I reached for my phone, checking the time.

Another meow left her lips as she stretched out further before falling back asleep.

I sighed, time to get ready for work anyway.

I showered quickly before walking back into my room, drying my hair and slipping into the uniform. I applied minimal makeup before grabbing my keys, purse and coat before walking downstairs.

Before I left I made sure that Soot had enough food and such for the day before I left for my shift.

--

"Hello, what might I get you?" I didn't look up from the notepad I held at the desk.

"A hot chocolate please, extra whipped cream and some marshmallows." His voice was deep, I nodded and wrote that down.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Make sure it's extra hot." I nodded.

"What's the name for?" I looked up and met the customers eyes. They were dark with a slight tint of red.

"Hoseok." I nodded and walked to where we make the drinks and proceeded to make the drink. I brought it back, the male nowhere to be seen.

"An extra hot, hot chocolate for Hoseok?" I called out and he stood up from a chair not too far away and walked over. "That's-"

"I know, I order it regularly." He handed me money. "Keep the change." He took the drink, a small smirk on his lips as he walked out. I tucked the money into the till and continued about my day.

He seemed too handsome to be human, but he didn't have the same feel as Jimin or the female from yesterday.

"Oh well." I sighed quietly. Once my shift was over it was closing time and I was locking up shop today, I wrapped my coat around me tightly as the cold bitter air nipped at my skin. I locked the door before putting the key into the shutters and letting them down. I turned around and saw Jimin stood there, under the street lamp.

"Why are you here?" I asked putting the key into my pocket and joining him in the light.

"You need to come with me, for your own safety. You don't know how to fight and I can smell Demon on you. If they find out what you are-"

"I'm perfectly capable of dealing with my own problems, don't go playing big brother now." I rolled my eyes slightly and he sighed.

"You don't understand, if they get their hands on you, you'll either be killed or..." He paused, his eyes flashing a light blue for a second. "We need to go, now." He stepped forwards, taking my hand and taking a crystal out of his pocket and throwing it to the ground.

"Jimin I have to go-"

"You can't go home, they know what you are and they know you live there. They're waiting outside, please come with me."

I stood there for a second as the white light seemed to slowly creep up our legs.

"But Soot..." I whimpered.

"Soot will be fine. I promise as soon as we can we'll get her for you." He spoke. "You need to decide now-"

"I'll come with you, just promise me you'll get Soot?"

He nodded and pulled me close as the white light seemed to suck us into heaven.