Chapter 3

The van crashed into the front of the cultist's van, causing it to lose control. The black van spun around, then crashed into the other black van behind it. Several people looked back a yelled in triumph as the two vans crashed into trees on the side of the road.

"Yes!" I yelled, pumping my fist up into the air.

"Is Patrick okay?" I heard Pete ask. I took a quick glimpse into the rearview mirror again, and my face went pale.

"Oh, he's alive. And still fricking chasing us!" I hit the gas again. The radio was still blaring.

"We have to turn off the damn radio!" Cinnamon yelled.

"I have an idea!" Tiger yelled. "Pull over!" I hit the brakes and went into a small area on the side of the road. We all piled out, holding our weapons at ready.

"Now hide." Tiger whisper yelled. Everyone hid in the foliage. A moment later, the headlights of what I now called the psycho's orange coupe fell over the van. I held my breath as I heard the engines hum turn off abruptly, and the car door open and then being slammed closed. Patrick walked around the van, peering in and trying to see if anyone was still in there.

"I know you're out there somewhere..." He said evilly. He chuckled lightly. "It's no use, I can kill you here and now." I could see the look of determination on Pete's face as he grasped the knife even tighter.

"Now!" Tiger shouted. We jumped from the foliage, quickly overpowering Patrick. Several of the boys were on top of Patrick in an unsuccessful dogpile, trying to bring him down. Nickel jumped on the pile next.

"Galaxy go take out the damned radio!" Cinnamon jumped on top of Patrick, bringing him finally to the ground. I ran to the car, the radio practically blowing my ears off. I tore open the door, almost taking it off the hinges. I got into the car, only to realize I needed the key to turning off the radio, and Patrick had the key. And there was no way I was asking a murderous, maniacal, psychotic freak for the keys to turn off the radio. I grabbed my pistol from my belt, holding on hand palm touching the bottom of the handle.

I shot one round into the radio, and it sparked out. I quickly got out and ran over to join the fight, as Patrick had overpowered everyone there.

"Move over, let me at him!" I yelled, grabbing a stick lying near him. As soon as I caught a glimpse of his head, I began hitting him with the stick. Pete, Andy, and Joe had to pull me away.

"Easy kid!" Pete yelled.

"Let me go! He's gonna kill someone!" I yelled. Suddenly, Text screamed as his pistol was wrenched out of his hand. I heard one shot and saw Text fall to the ground, a hole in his head.

"No!" I yelled. I pulled free of the men's grasp on me. "You bitch! You damned bitch! I'm gonna kill you!" I went up to Patrick, holding the stick. I felt something snap, something that had already been fraying for weeks.

"Galaxy, no!" Cinnamon tried to stop me, but I threw her off. I raised my stick up above Patrick's head. He was halfway on the ground, using his forearms to keep himself off the ground. He turned up and looked me dead in the eye. His eyes were no longer yellow, they were back to brown.

"Are you okay?" I asked, helping him up. Patrick grabbed my hand with his one bloodstained one. He looked around at the ground.

"What happened?" He asked. He spotted Texts dead body. Patrick held his hand to his mouth, taking several steps back as he did.

"What did I do?" He asked, almost crying. Pete and the other band members walked over to Patrick.

"It doesn't matter," Pete told him. "We just need to get somewhere safe." The Fall Out Boys got into the van, followed by everyone but me and Knight. We grabbed Texts body, laid it in the van, then closed the door. I got in the front and drove off toward our compound.