Part 2: Chapter 9

It had been 3 months since Kai and I had been back to that sugar warehouse. We had gotten on with our lives and lived a pretty normal one too. Besides the fact that we both had jobs and lived alone, we did well. We had even started in school again. We also were going by our real names again, Kai and Gale.

We were planning Kai's 16th birthday party. His birthday was that Friday, and we needed to top all the parties we had thrown on the past Saturdays. We were at the island, looking through some magazines. As we did, my phone buzzed. I grabbed the white cased phone and saw I had a text.

"Hey, Mall... er Maya sent me a text." I opened it.

Maya: Galaxy, I need to talk to you.

Me: Maya? Why are you texting me?

Maya: Galaxy, what the hell is wrong with you?

Me: Uh, it's been 3 months since we talked last, why are you texting me now?

Maya: Girl! Snap out of it! Have you been brainwashed?

Me: No. I'm just a normal kid.

Maya: What the hell!

Me: Gees. What's with that.

Maya: Ug! I'll be at your house in 10 minutes.

That was it. I looked over at Kai. He looked at me, trying to read what we had texted.

"What was that about?" He asked.

"Maya just invited herself over," I told him. He just sighed.

"Might as well finish planning." We kept looking through the magazine, stopping every so often to talk or circle something.

True to her word, Maya rang the doorbell in 10 minutes. I sighed, walked over, and opened it. Not only was Maya there, but also Andy.

"Okay, what is going on?" I asked. Maya simply pushed past me and walked in, followed by Andy.

"What's going on is that you need to snap out of it," Maya walked over to the island and saw the magazines. "You're planning a birthday party!?"

"So, we're just normal kids now." Maya looked at me, white-hot rage in her eyes.

"You Are Not NORMAL!!!!" She screamed. I backed off slowly, not wanting to get into a fight.

"Maya, calm down."

"How and I supposed to be calm! We lost nearly everyone in the sugar warehouse!" I stopped dead. Kai looked over at our argument.

"How many?" He asked, getting off the bar stool and walking over.

"Me, you two, Gamer, History, Box, Tiger, Zany, and Jargon are the only survivors." I stopped, falling onto the couch.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"We need to get the rest of the people together, the reserves. We can send a message nationwide. We need more people." I looked over at Andy, my head in my hands.

"Is he the only band member left?" Andy shook his head.

"No, I'm not. Pete is still around. He's working in Nevada as a solo artist. He plays in Vegas."

"Go figure," Kai said. "Alright, so what do we need to do?" Maya looked at us, a smirk on her face.

"Operation Reborn." Kai and I gasped.

"Should we really?" Andy looked from Maya to me, to Kai, and back.

"Operation what?" He asked. I chuckled at his ignorance.

"Operation Reborn," I told him. I turned to face Maya. "We're going to get as many people as possible. Mallord, would you do the honors?" Mallord beamed with pride. She brought out her white spray painted walkie-talkie.

"This is Mallord. All White Kids, if you can hear this message, start Operation Reborn. I have Alpha's 1 and 2 with me," She turned around and smiled at us. Alpha's 1 and 2 were in charge of this whole shindig.

"Alpha 2 is Knight, Alpha 1 is Galaxy." We smiled at each other. Mallord put away her talkie and looked at us.

"Let's save the Fallout Boys."

Hey! I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am. And don't worry, there will be plenty of fun stuff coming up. For those adrenaline junkies who are reading this book.