Chapter 14

"Damn it!" Andy yelled. Jargon and Tiger ran toward the rampaging band members, followed by Mallard and me. They had no mercy, and Patrick had already killed 1 person.

"Stand down," I told him, reaching for my pistol in the utility belt I always wore. Patrick laughed.

"Fat chance sweetheart." I held the pistol level with his head.

"Then you get the death penalty." Joe's face filled with horror at what I had said. Just as I was about to shoot, Pete rushed over, grabbing the gun.

"Woah, Woah, Woah!" He yelled, holding his arms out between us. "This is not a good way to end things!" I looked into Pete's eyes, fire burning in mine.

"Pete, step away." My voice was steely and held not an ounce of mercy. Jargon and tiger both had weapons trained at the evil people, and Andy had now joined Pete.

"No, look, if you kill these guys, then you wouldn't be saving Fallout boy, you'd be destroying it. That's the very thing you are trying to stop." I looked at Pete, then Andy.

"My mission is to save at least 1 member of this band, and if I have to kill you, Joe, and Patrick but save Andy, so be it." Pete looked into my eyes.

"Then you're as bad as those cultists." I stopped, lowering my gun. I should never have let my emotions in. At that moment, Patrick and Joe grabbed Andy and Pete. Patrick then pulled out a gun. Holding Pete's neck, he held the gun to Peter's head with his only hand. Joe followed suit.

"I'm gonna leave, and if you try to stop me, I'll shot Pete, then Andy, then you." I stopped, helpless and unable to do anything. Patrick walked into the garage, took the blue minivan we had just gotten, and drove away. I nearly screamed as I signaled hold fire. As soon as they left, I ran back in. Talk flew in buzzes through the room.

"What are you doing?" Mallord asked, following me at a distance. I went up the stairs and to my cot. I dug around a moment in one of the bins and pulled out a black t-shirt, black pants, and black booties.

"I'm going in." I grabbed my walkie-talkie and hurriedly put the clothes on over my own. I took off my sneakers and watched Mallards face as I put the walkie-talkie on my belt along with my knife, hammer, and flashlight.

"You can't, they'll kill you!" I stopped my walk back to the stairs, Mallord nearly bumping into me.

"I am going in to collect information and get that briefcase. If I can I will save one of those bitches, but it's unlikely!" Mallord cut me off as I tried again to get to the stairs.

"Why won't you save them, I thought that was our first priority?" I looked into Mallards eyes, seeing the hurt in hers, feeling the fire in mine.

"I'm getting info, so we can maybe get them all!" I pushed her down, rushing down the stairs and toward the garage. I barged in and grabbed the keys to a vehicle we had recently acquired, a black Corvette. I jumped in, and much to the mechanic's dismay, I drove off.

Sorry for the short chapter, but I promise the next one will be really good. Peace!