Chapter 7

We pulled into my driveway at about 8 at night. We were both famished and hurt. I had cuts that were still oozing blood, and Knight had a blunt arrow stuck in his leg. My house was two stories with a white exterior in the "good" part of town. The lawn was nicely kept and the windows were dark. I parked the car, then we walked up to the door. I quickly unlocked it, and we entered.

The inside was clean. The floors were a dark color. The walls were white, and the furniture was white, tan, or black. The kitchen was white with black and white two tone cabinets, white quartz counters, and a large island. The island held a large sink, with the double oven and microwave being on the back wall. There was a black door leading into the pantry.

"I'm starved," Knight said. I opened the fridge (also on the back wall) and looked inside. We had some bacon bits, some salad stuff, cheese, frozen fruit, frozen veggies, and some frozen Eggo Waffles. I looked in the pantry. There was a variety of juices, chips, nuts, dried fruits and veggies, sauces, canned goods (I had stocked up big time on canned goods before I had left) dry pasta, bread, crackers, other crunchy snacks, beef jerky, some paper plates, granola and protein bars, and big bags of beans, and rice.

"I have a lot of stuff we could cook," I yelled. Knight walked in and helped me bring out pasta, green bean cans, and the bacon.

"How long will this take?" I looked at the ingredients.

"30 minutes, absolute max," I told him. He went into the living room and turned on the tv. I think he was watching Hocus Pocus or something. An older Disney Movie. After about 20 minutes, I had everything in bowls and out on the island. I made two nice large plates, grabbed some silverware, and went over to the couch. I handed Knight one of the plates and a fork. I sat down next to him and watched the movie.

We sat and ate in silence for about 10 minutes. I eat ravenously, much like a wolf. Knight ate even faster and more than I did, having 4 plates full of food before he stopped.

"So, have you seen this movie?" Knight asked. I shook my head, watching as the witches got onto their brooms.

"No. My parents mostly showed me material that was supposed to brainwash me. It didn't work," I ate a few more bites, then chuckled. "My mom would never let me step foot outside the kitchen with food." Knight laughed.

"Man, that sounds strict." I laughed too.

"Yeah, she was." I stopped talking after a little bit. I missed my mom a lot, even though she was part of the cult I was trying to stop. Knight noticed my sudden quiet spell.

"You miss your mom, don't you?" He asked. I nodded. Then, began to tear up.

"Even though she's probably trying to kill me, I really miss her!" I sobbed uncontrollably for nearly 10 minutes, crying on Knight the whole time. When I finished, I took a quick sniff. Then glanced at the time.

"It's 9:30, we should go to bed." I got up and began to put away the food.

"Good idea," Knight turned off the tv, got up and stretched. "We'll have to go grocery shopping tomorrow." I nodded, holding the fridge door open with my foot and putting the pasta and green beans away.

"Sounds like a plan. We'll have to get you some clothes." Knight nodded. I quickly shut the fridge door, then walked over to Knight.

"I'll show you to the guest room." I led Knight down the white hallway, and into the last door on the left. The room was white, with a white bed, with black and white covers.

"Your family seems to like black and white." I nodded.

"My parents thought it looked clean. My room is the only room in the house that isn't white." I opened the attached bathroom door and then walked out. I walked out the hall, through the kitchen, and up the white wooden stairs. I walked into the upper hall and opened the third door on the right. In it was my room.

The walls were painted blue like my hair. I had a large walk-in closet, as well as an attached bathroom. I had a metal tube framed bunk bed, with only a top bunk. The bottom held a glass-topped desk with a Macintosh desktop computer on top. There were several art organizers under there. The window was pretty far out on the wall opposite the door, allowing enough room for me to put plenty of blankets, pillows, and some books. There was a dark purple bookcase that went in the corner, warping around in the corner somewhat as well. I walked into my closet and got out a pair of white pjs. I tried to put them on, but I couldn't.

I had seen so much death in white. I couldn't stand it. I took the white PJs and all my other white clothes. Shirts, scarves, even shoes. I put them in a box and buried it deep in my closet. I then grabbed a red top and some zebra print pants. I quickly changed and then climbed up in my bed. I lay there thinking for quite some time.

I had nearly been killed, so many had been killed. It was almost too much. I had failed to save the Fall Out Boy. Then, it hit me. My parents were never coming back. I went back to my closet and pulled out 2 boxes. Inside where all my hidden band stuff. Fall Out Boy, Imagine Dragon, One Direction, Pentatonix, 21 Pilots. You name it I had it. I even had some single artists. Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, Grace Vanderwaal, some boy's I couldn't remember who they were.

I quickly got down to work.I put up posters, flags, and other things. I hung up t-shirts from tours, caps from concerts. I had smuggled all sorts of stuff into my house, and no one even knew about it.

It was nearly 10 when I was done. I looked at my work in satisfaction. It was almost impossible to see the blue walls underneath. I smiled as I looked at my stereo. I was a pretty new one, rounded on the top. I had two 1 foot tall connected to the radio. I had put all my cd's into a case according to artist. I also had made sure I had all of these on my iPod, and my computer, and my phone. I think I subscribed to every single music app I could find. Google music, Spotify, IHeart Radio. The usuals. I also had probably 20 or more pairs of headphones, and countless pairs of earbuds hanging on the wall above the stereo, which was in the other corner of my room, behind my bed, on the wall with the door.

I climbed back into bed, hoping to fall into any sleep at all. It was probably midnight when I finally did. I hoped I wouldn't have nightmares about what had happened. After everything, if I was honest, nightmares were the least of my worries...