Chapter 10

It was only a day later, and every single White Kid was assembled in our new base. We had found another abandoned factory. This time it was an old gun making warehouse from the Korean War. I'm pretty sure there were more than just some leftover gunpowder, and boy was I right. After we had come in, we pretty much ran right into a stockpile of old guns that had been kept there and left.

We had been looking through the group of about 70 kids all day. The only survivors of the other warehouse were Tiger, Jargon, and Box. Box was acting pretty weird, almost as if he were nervous.

At about 3 in the afternoon, I grabbed a megaphone. I had dug out all my white clothes and wore a white t-shirt, overalls (not white, but jean blue) and white sneakers. "Okay!" I yelled into the speaker. "I'm extremely glad that you are all here. As you know, we initiated Operation Scatter about 3 months ago. Sadly, most of the people at our old base were killed. Knight, Mallord, Jargon, Tiger, and Box were the only survivors we could find."

"We must move on. I have initiated Operation Reborn because we need more people. We are missing some of the people we thought had survived. So, we are starting again."

"Most of you have been assigned to Operation Reborn. You will be making propaganda and trying to recruit as many people as we can. The rest of us are on Operation Pete. As you can see, Andy is with us." Andy waved from near the crates I stood on. "We, sadly have lost Patrick and Joe. So, we have to save the last person."

"Pete is in Las Vegas, Nevada. I'm taking Tiger, Jargon, and Mallard. Knight will stay here and supervise Operation Reborn. Everyone good?" There was a loud cry from the crowd in the affirmative.

"Wait, I have a question!" Someone shouted. I looked down to see a younger girl, probably 13. She was shorter and looked like Cinnamon. She kinda struck me hard.

"What's your code name?" I asked.

"Lockbox!" She yelled back.

"Okay Lockbox, what's your question?"

"Is it possible, since we've all seen the Youngblood Chronicles, that Patrick is under the service of Silence the Noise?" I internally facepalmed.

"Damn it," I whispered. "You have a good pointed," I said into the megaphone. "I'll take that up with the other Superiors. Everyone else, get to work." Everyone began to walk in different directions. I could already see some of the superiors hanging around in the corner, near what we had made into our kitchen. Knight, Mallord, Jargon, Box, and Tiger were the new group of superiors. Along with me, we had Andy in the group as well, and would hopefully be adding Pete.

Andy met up with me as I walked over. We quickly were able to get out of the sea of teens and over to the group. When we got there, the discussion quickly tensed.

"That kid had a good point," Knight said.

"She did, and that's what worries me." Mallord looked over at me.

"This is really scary. Especially since Joe is missing." Andy looked at us as he said this. I was starting to worry tremendously.

"Okay, I'm just spitballing here, but maybe Joe is with Patrick. Could they have turned him evil too?"

"Wait..." Tiger stopped me. He wore a pretty nice white suit, along with Jargon. Box wasn't in white at all, and his clothes were pretty dirty. "Isn't it possible, if they could do it to Patrick, and maybe Joe, they could do it to one of us?" I gulped, dread filling me with every breath.

"But they can't. We're the only survivors." Jargon nearly burst out. Box shook his head, his shaggy brown hair flipping as he did.

"We aren't the only survivors. There was at least 1 more," We all looked at him. I looked at his head, which was faced toward the ground.

"Who?" He sighed loudly.

"I was with History, and she was dragging me along, I think. I wasn't awake. When I did wake up, I was in an old hospital. It looked like it hadn't been used in years. Then, I saw two cultists come in, and one hit me with a blow dart. When I came to, History was gone, and so were the cultists and Foxes." I shook my head, Mallord shook her head.

"This isn't good." I nodded my head.

"Not at all."

"What are we gonna do?" Andy asked. "We may have a crisis on our hands." I nodded.

"I think we should stick with the plan." Knight cut in before I could talk. Several of us nodded.

"Should we leave Andy?" I asked. He shook his head.

"Hell no, you won't be leaving me. I'm the only one of us here that really knows what he looks like."

"Okay, so the final team is Andy, me, Tiger, Mallard, and Jargon. That sound good?" I asked. Everyone nodded.

"We need to get into different clothes, and after that, we're going to Las Vegas." Andy smiled. "Let's hope they'll let us in."

"Who?" Tiger asked. I already knew who. But Andy surprised us all with his answer.

"Silence the Noise."