Chapter 8

History had walked nearly 5 miles, carrying and dragging a severely injured Box behind her. She was thirsty, hungry, and ready to give up. Then, a red truck came up beside her.

"Oh my god! Is he okay?' The driver asked. She wore a blue patterned blouse with several rings on her fingers. She had a wide brimmed hat on, even though it was night.

"Please, he's going to die!" History lifted Box up into the truck, then got into the front seat. The young lady began driving in the direction she had been going.

"What happened to you two?" History thought for a split second.

"I'm Harper, and that's Bane," She pointed to Box in the back seat. "We got caught on some private property, and I think the person blew something up. The next thing I remember is waking up to see him hurt bad." The lady nodded.

"Let's get you two some help then." She drove down the road for twenty minutes, and pulled up in front of a hospital. History immediately became wary.

"Is this where we are stopping?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm gonna get you guys help here." History noticed that the lady's eyes had turned all black. She carefully got Box out of the back. The lady then took Box and carried him into the hospital.

It was dimly lit in the hospital. It was also fairly disorganized. It looked as if no one had been in that building in years, and History was growing more and more suspicious.

"Wait here, I'll go find a nurse." The lady started walking off.

"Does this not scare you even a little?" History asked. The lady turned back, her eyes were definitely all black.

"Not even a little." She walked into the door and then out of sight. History sat in a chair next to Box, trying to wake him.

"Box, Box, wake up!" She yelled. He suddenly jerked a little and began to stir.

"History? What happened?" He was clearly shaken and had no idea what was going on.

"Box, we have to get outta here..." At that, two girls clad in all black walked. They were from the cult. Behind them was the girl.

"I knew it," History growled. "You're Foxes." Foxes laughed.

"Yeah, whatever you wanna say." One of the two girls pulled out a black tube, blew into it, and a little red dart hit Box in the neck. He immediately went still.

"Box?" History asked. She felt a sharp pain and saw part of a red feather out of the corner of her eye. She felt an extremely strong wave of sleepiness wash over her, sending her into a deep sleep.

"What do we do with them?" The lady with the blow dart tube asked. Foxes looked at them for a moment.

"Take the girl. Leave to boy. He'll die on his own." The two girls walked over to History, picked her up, and carried her out the door. Foxes stayed behind for a few minutes.

"And so the mighty fall." She walked out the same way the others had.

Mallord walked along the roadway, looking for here house. Her family was one of the few that hadn't joined the cult. She had walked nearly 11 miles from the burning sugar warehouse. She reached a clearing, and steadied herself on a tree. She looked up to see her house. Her baby blue house was right there. Mallord limped up to it.

She knocked on the white door. It was answered by her mother, a full blooded Mexican with long black hair.

"Maya!" She screamed. "Oh baby your back!" Mallards father walked over. At seeing his daughter who had been missing for 4 months, he broke down and wept.