chapter 6

''I thought you looked familiar at the range.  Are you still not going to talk?  I can't read minds,'' he grabs a chair that pulled off tho the side and sits down in it in front of the cell.  ''So?  You were talkative before, well, you were open anyway.  You don't have to be too open.  Just give me a straight answer.  Why?  Why did you kill all of those people?''

        She takes the cloth off her face and turns her whole body to him.  ''Revenge,'' she finally says.

        ''Revenge?  Revenge for-,'' he stops talking once Cheyenne puts her hand up to signal him to stop talking.  ''Fine, no detail, not right now anyway,'' he thinks.  ''Is your target specific?'' she nods and he begins to search for more questions.  ''When did you start killing?''

        ''Senior year oh high school, but it wasn't my job.''

        ''So you are an assassin?''

        She turns away from him not saying anything.  Clint sighs.  He gets up from the chair and walks out.  Cheyenne turns around to where he was sitting once she can no longer hear his footsteps.

        ''You actually got her to talk?  To be honest I really didn't think she'd say a think to you,'' Tony says as soon as Clint walks back into the common room.  Tony, Bruce and Fury are the only ones in there.  Natasha had left a while ago to go to sleep.

        ''She's actually the girl that I had met earlier at the range.  I think that's the only reason why she even looked at me.''

        They're all silent for a moment.  ''Hate to break it to you but, you need to stop being so interested in these assassin girls.  They may end up killing you,'' Tony says.

        ''Anyway,'' Fury starts talking.  ''Anything useful that she said?''

        ''I figured that just getting her to talk was a start so I didn't ask too much of her.  But she's trying to get revenge, on what I'm not sure, but she does know who her targets are.''

        ''We need to get more information from her, and it seems like you're the only one that can get her to talk, Agent Barton, so it seems like you'll know what you'll be doing for the next few days.  We need all the information we can get.''

        ''What is it that we're looking for?''

        ''Who, and why,'' Fury walks out of the room.

        Bruce looks over at Clint once Fury walks out.  ''Seems like you'll be busy, and if you don't get it soon you know Fury will step in,'' he starts to walk out the room.

        ''So what if Fury steps in?'' Bruce leaves chuckling to himself.  Clint looks at Ton who is the only one left in the room, but is half asleep on the couch.  ''Why should I care if Fury steps in?''

        Tony lays his head back on the couch arm laughing.  ''You should be able to figure that out.  You're smart enough.''

        ''Its not like that!  I met her like not even twenty-four hours ago.''

        ''Exactly the point, Romeo.''

        ''What she does is for the wrong side of things.''

        ''And like what you do is for the better of things?''

        He rolls his eyes.  ''I don't like her.  I barely know her.''

        ''I'd say you know her pretty well for figuring out her secret.''

        Clint walks out of the room, leaving Tony along, and goes down the hall.  He goes into the hall where everyone's rooms are.  He slides open the door to his room and walks in closing the door behind him.    He changes into something a bit more comfortable and then lays down on the bed that's against the wall.  Everything has caught up to him and he realizes how tired he is once he settles down.  he has his arms behind his head and is looking up at the ceiling.  Slowly, his eye start getting heavier and he slowly drifts into a deep sleep.

        Cheyenne is laying down on her back with her arms behind her head she keeps looking from side to side, yawning here and there.  She tries relaxing but once the back of her shoulder touches the floor it begins to burn from when Tony had hit her earlier.    She rolls over to her side and has an arm stretched out and the other setting down in front of her.

        She hears the door open to the room and she sits up as the footsteps get louder.  The person who entered is standing in front of the cell door.  Its Fury.  He opens the cell door and tosses a pillow and blanket to her.  ''I felt like being generous, don't expect it often,'' he walks away again not saying anything else nor looking back.

        She's surprised it would have crossed her mind to give her anything, let alone go along with it.  She also wondering why he didn't ask her anything.  She uses the pillow and blanket as she tries to sleep, and it helps her relax a bit more and she falls asleep.