chapter 14

Cheyenne walks into the lab where Bruce is.  ''Hello here, Cheyenne,'' Bruce says.  ''Something I can do for you?''

        ''That piece that Clint found.  Have you figured out what kind of metal it is made out of?''

        ''Yes, I believe that it is titanium and brass,'' Cheyenne write that on a page in her notebook.  ''Should I be concerned on what you're doing?'

        ''I'm only conducting my own research, that's all.  I have a few ideas and I work a bit better alone, well, at least with things like this I do better.  Have you found any finger prints on it at all?''

        ''No.  Its as clean as your arrows are,'' he chuckles.

        Tony walks in and it looks like he has a black eye coming but he's also laughing really hard.  ''What happened to you?'' Cheyenne starts.

        He tries calming himself down so he can talk.  ''I hit Natasha, ha-ha, with a newspaper and yelled spider, ha-ha-ha!  And then, ha, and then she punched me in the eye after I said that guys are stronger than women.  I know that isn't fully true, but I just wanted to make her mad, and it was so worth it!  Wait til she gets a shower.  Ha-ha!''

        ''How didn't she kill you yet, Tony?'' Bruce asks.

        ''I'm no sure, but if she does, its worth it.  She's been getting on my nerves too much lately, same with Steve.''

        ''What did you do to Steve?'' Tony pauses not trying to seem guilty of doing anything.  ''Tony?  What did you do to Steve?''

        ''Just kinda super glued a swastika on his shield and left a note for him in his room saying that once he got turned into a Capsicle that Peggy and Schmidt's had something going on.''

        Cheyenne looks at him like are-you-serious.  She looks at Bruce.  ''And you guys say I'm a bad person.  I at least killed people who did it to others.''

        ''That also makes you a bit of a hypocrite,'' Tony says.

        ''Oh shut up, Tony .''

        ''Why are you in here anyway?  Isn't it past your bed time or something?''

        ''Shouldn't you be in the one in bed old man?  Besides I'm doing my own research on who could have planted this bomb in that kitchen downtown.''

        ''Oh really, and what do you have so far?''

        ''I have more than what you guys have.  I think I know who did it, so I'm trying to find evidence to prove my point.  You guy don't even know where to start with it.  You have no prints, you know know that its from a bomb and what kind of metal it is.''

        ''Then what is your lead on the whole mystery then?'' Bruce asks.

        ''Not telling.  I'm not a hundred percent sure, and if you're not a hundred percent sure then you shouldn't spill anything.  I picked someone who I thought could be it, now I'm trying to find evidence to prove that point.  You should try that at some point.''

        ''Well who did you choose?'' Tony asks

        ''None of your business, least not right now.  But when a bomb normally goes off isn't the light that it gives off yellow or white?  The one that one gave off was blue.  Think a bit,'' she pats Bruce on the back and leaves the lab with her notebook in her hand jotting things down.  She hears someone yelling from a floor below.  Sounds like it could be Natasha.

        Cheyenne rushes downstairs and knocks on Natasha's door.  ''Natasha?  Is everything okay in there?''

        Natasha yells again, not talking directly to Cheyenne.  ''I'm going to kill Tony!''

        ''Agent Romanoff?  Its Cheyenne.  Is everything okay?''

        Natasha opens the door and quickly pulls Cheyenne into her room.  Cheyenne can tell that Natasha quickly put on a tank top and a pair of shorts.  ''My hair is green!'' her hair has a noticeable tint of dark green to it.  Cheyenne's eyes light up not expecting to see her hair a different color.

        ''So that's what Tony was talking about.''

        ''What do you mean?''

        ''I was just up in the lab and Tony told me and Bruce why he has a black eye and then he said something about you getting a shower.  I doubt that its permanent, I'm sure after washing it a few times it will easily come out, don't fret, Natasha.''

        ''I'm going to kill him,'' she growls as she heads over the door to leave.

        Cheyenne grabs her and stops her from walking out.  ''Natasha, wait.  Do you really want everyone on board to see your hair like that?  How about I try to get Tony down here instead?''

        ''True.  Try bringing him down here, then I'll kill him!''

        ''Try washing it out if you can,'' she lets go of her.  ''I'll go get him,'' Cheyenne walks out of her room and closes the door behind her.  ''Why did I have to bother with this,'' she goes back up to the lab and the both of them are still in there.  She peeks her head inside.  ''Hey Tony.  Natasha wants to talk to you about something.''

        Tony starts laughing as he walks towards the door where Cheyenne is.  ''What did you do to her, Tony?  She hates you enough do you have to pull pranks on her all the time?''

        ''Its fun I can't help it,'' Tony walks out with Cheyenne and since she's going down to her room they walk together.  ''So it seems like you and Clint have something going on.  Am I right?''

        ''What do you mean?''

        ''Oh come on.  You're always around him and you practically only talk to him.  This is the longest conversation I've had with you and you've been here for a month.''

        ''He's also the only one that will practically talk to me.''

        ''Because you won't talk to anyone else.  Now Natasha hates almost everyone and Steve is old fashioned, but I've noticed how you are around Clint, and I can tell how he is around you.  You would only talk to him.  So, how do you feel about him.''

        ''He's a nice guy I suppose, if that's what you mean.  I don't know if I think of him as any more than a friend I've known him for a months but I've only been out of that stupid cell for almost a week,'' she gets to her room and opens the door.  ''Don't you have to go talk to Natasha now?'' she walks into her room and closes the door.  She hears Tony walks down the hall towards Natasha's room.  She tosses her notebook down on the desk in the corner and flops down on her bed.

        She lays on her back with her hands on her stomach and her eyes closed trying to calm down and put somethings together.  It doesn't seem much long later when she hears Natasha yelling at Tony, and then it sounds like Tony yells in pain.  ''Guess Tony will have another black eye,'' she chuckles and gets ready to sleep.